1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do anyone use any of this as thier primary search engine?

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by opiapr, Oct 11, 2005.

Do anyone use any of this as thier primary search engine TEOMA.com, ASK.com A9.com ?

opiapr, Oct 11, 2005 IP
  2. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've used ask.com before and have had decent results, but I stick with google because of the convenience of signing in to adwords/adsense

MattEvers, Oct 11, 2005 IP
  3. iskandar

iskandar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't. I just stick with google and yahoo. I think most people in the world do the same thing; maybe add msn as an insignificant (at the moment, anyway) addition there.

I use alexa when I felt like a busybody and wants to check other sites' stats.

iskandar, Oct 11, 2005 IP
  4. e10

e10 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    IMO I'd ignore the Alexa stats for sites altogether. They are too easy to skew. I don't use any of the engines you mentioned, these days I mostly use Google. I did have a fondness for dogpile (a metasearch engine) a while ago and have toyed with Ask but it's response was never what I wanted.

Why are you asking? Are you looking at advertising?

e10, Oct 11, 2005 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Google, google, google.

sarahk, Oct 11, 2005 IP
  6. iskandar

iskandar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. Sometimes it's just does not make sense.

There are lies .. damn lies and statistics ..

iskandar, Oct 11, 2005 IP
  7. e10

e10 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Iskander,

When I had the Alexa toolbar on I had my site at 69,xxx. I took it off and dropped off the planet. If I wanted to, I could ask a few friends to put my site as the opening site on their browser with Alexa tb installed and I'd get back to 65,000 in no time.

Bites me in the ass though because before I knew how easily swayed it was, I used to sing the praises of Alexa and tell clients that I could greatly improve thier Alexa ranking. Now I have to dig myself out of that murky pit :)

e10, Oct 11, 2005 IP
  8. opiapr

opiapr Peon

Best Answers:
    I spent about $1k in adwords a month and about $500 in yahoo. The reason I ask is because I see to many search engine from big company (like a9 from Amazon) that I was wondering if they have a loyal user base as G. I personally use G about 99% of the time the rest on Yahoo and MSN. Also I was considering purchasing ASTsearch.com but I didn't. With all the big players and the king of them G. I believe it will be a very very poor investment and effort promoting it. I don't want to be the only user :) of a search engine .

opiapr, Oct 11, 2005 IP