1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do any SEO companies guarantee a first page on Google or Yahoo?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by edcpartners, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    And that good approach helps explain why you are among the most trusted posters on DP.

Jim4767, Aug 14, 2007 IP
  2. SKP77

SKP77 Member

Best Answers:
    Alot of companies do not guarantee top rankings as it is now impossible for a selection of categories.

Some web design companies who are now, wanabee-SEOs, are providing guarantees, but I hope Google or someone nails them eventually.

I would say that when you speak to a company/sales person ask for terms and conditions. what the proposal and SEO package will and will not provide.

Just coz some SEO companies are not doing the job right, this is causing some ethical companies to suffer the pain.

SKP77, Aug 14, 2007 IP
  3. marktravellinks

marktravellinks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I can provide you first page rankings for your keyword, but only after analysis of your domain, the number of competetion, and your budget. No problem about money (but we don't want cheater person), we can take only 20% when 20% work done and 100% when 100% done means when you will be on first page.

We are experienced with various freelancer portals : Check our profile at GAF : http://www.getafreelancer.com/users/211170.html

marktravellinks, Aug 14, 2007 IP
  4. SKxprt

SKxprt Peon

Best Answers:
    I do agree that your approach is very good, but how can you guarantie?

and also how long will it take to do that?

and at the end - for how long the site will stay on the top?

regards

SKxprt, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  5. harshakiran

harshakiran Notable Member

Best Answers:
    im not sure about others But this girl seems confident with my site,i would recommend her

harshakiran, Aug 23, 2007 IP
  6. seoperson

seoperson Peon

Best Answers:
    The thing is you can achieve top 10 rankings for some keywords but not for all in your niche, so its not that you cannot achieve top 10 rankings but it's also not that you can achieve it for all keywords in your niche.
    A combination of Competition and popularity of the keywords can be a deciding factor in getting top 10 rankings.

seoperson, Aug 23, 2007 IP
  7. truedesign4u

truedesign4u Banned

Best Answers:
    They may say they guarantee it, but its false, no one can gurantee anything.

And even if they got you on page #1 they could have used black hat which will get you up there but then you will get banned and be doomed after that.

truedesign4u, Aug 23, 2007 IP
  8. svajdlenka

svajdlenka Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know only one company, that can guarantee number 1 on search results in Google.

...Google.com

svajdlenka, Dec 20, 2007 IP
  9. PaulJG

PaulJG Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes this is the only guarantee

PaulJG, Dec 20, 2007 IP
  10. gotlinks

gotlinks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I guarantee front page, but I only take on projects I know I can get that guarantee on. If the project is out of that league then I charge by the hour or w/e to gain the rankings.

gotlinks, Dec 20, 2007 IP
  11. dutchezz

dutchezz Peon

Best Answers:
    I personally never guarantee anything.. You simply can NOT guarantee first spot placement. The way I see it is people that claim to guarantee such things are usually not business minded.

Let me explain myself.. Personally if I were to go looking for someone to offer me SEO services, or any services for that matter I would be looking for both the pro's and con's of a service. Any person will tell you that retaining current customers is more profitable then having to acquire new ones.. If a person guaranteed me this.. and that and a bag of chips.. I'd be very shady as opposed to somebody that told me "We will work to the best of our abilities, but due to xxx and xxx we can not guarentee spot 1 ranking.. " or something similar.

I feel the 2nd opinion to be more honest, and would lead to continued business for them instead of somebody that can guarantee everything..

just my 2 cents

dutchezz, Dec 20, 2007 IP
  12. gotlinks

gotlinks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, and on my seo service site we clearly state we cannout guarantee a top ranking spot but that we work our hardest as if each project was our own! Its really the only way to go, but we tend to only take on customers we know we can do well for. No sense taking on a project you really cant do.

13. dutchezz

dutchezz Peon

Best Answers:
    That sounds alright, I would still try and help the "harder" ones, just to advance my own learnings, worst that could happen is not get paid, but atleast your wiser

14. gotlinks

gotlinks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well performing onpage seo is easy and I can help any customer improve there rankings with that alone. But to rank in a big time keyword like car parts for instance is going to take some serious link juice, which in most cases has to be purchased.

15. PR0042

PR0042 Peon

Best Answers:
    Stay away from any form of guarantee from any "pseudo-guru" proposing to teach you all they cannot do for themselves. There are good informations, forum and softwares online to help you learn by and for yourself how to get there and stay on top. There is ONLY one person that should get paid for your success, and it is YOU !
    Best of luck.
    Paul R

PR0042, Dec 20, 2007 IP
  16. PR0042

PR0042 Peon

Best Answers:
    Could you explain how a company can guarantee #1 position to thousands of candidates... at the same time ? As if there were as many first place as there are participants... There is a logic that excape me...

PR0042, Dec 20, 2007 IP
  17. dutchezz

dutchezz Peon

Best Answers:
    Indeed.. what if I submit 12 hotel websites and i want them number one :p

18. thunderbolt007

thunderbolt007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think none... It is because they try to make your site on the number 1 spot but there\\\'s no guarantee.. The reason why? It is because of competitors or I should say depends on the keywords used...If the keywords are competitive therefore there is no guarantee that is should be number one...

thunderbolt007, Dec 20, 2007 IP
  19. Drabdcesign

Drabdcesign Peon

Best Answers:
    OK, here it is, find 15 people who will guarantee a top spot on Google for a given term, I will give them $1,000 each to get me to the top 10 for a given keyword. The five that do not make it, give me back $3,500 each. The $2,500 profit returned goes to charity.

Now that would be interesting, wouldn't it?

No one can Guarantee it, all you can do is do your best. What I love is all the people claiming around all the forums about how good they are and yet, look at their sites, look at their main keyword and see where they are in their own country on Google. Sit back, open a beer and laugh.

Myself, my term is Search Engine Optimization and I am UK based. Do a worldwide search on Google.co.uk, I am 11th, do it pressing the UK button, I am 9th. Do it with " " around the term I am 7th (Google.co.uk worldwide search). I think that means I know what I am doing and what I am doing is right, but do I really? I though, would never guarantee anything.

Drabdcesign, Dec 20, 2007 IP
  20. gotlinks

gotlinks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Very impressive rankings friend, my own sites may not rank high ( they dont need to ) but i have the proof of customer sites and thats all thats needed.