1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DNS Propagation Question **

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by ttechfs, Nov 10, 2015.

Hi, I just changed nameservers to point to a webhost for my website and if I use a proxy like proxysite.com and type in my URL, I can see my website, but if I type it into my own regular url bar in explorer/edge or chrome, I get an error page [basically cannot be displayed].

I also understand it can take a full 48 hours for this change to occur but usually I see it happen in less than 4 hours. Is this anything I should be concerned about or should I just give it more time? Can anyone give me a little insight on this?

Thank you!

ttechfs, Nov 10, 2015 IP
  2. humtuma

humtuma Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It is a DNS issue , it takes time to refresh. Please change your IP address if possible for immediate result. And you will find it works. As you already told , when you open the website from proxysite , it works.

humtuma, Nov 10, 2015 IP
  3. ttechfs

ttechfs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think I can just change my IP address. My internet service provider gives me 1 IP address. I don't think it's changed in years. And the thing is, how come a proxy can see it but I can't? I live in the United States and I selected a proxy from the United States and it can see it fine, but then again, I try it in a clean browser and nothing.

ttechfs, Nov 10, 2015 IP
  4. humtuma

humtuma Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It means you are having static IP address. Now you have to wait. Maximum 48hours. Your website already moved to new server as you already see the changes via proxy.

humtuma, Nov 10, 2015 IP
  5. th.sigit

th.sigit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can also try to flush your DNS cache. Assuming that you're on Windows, type this into command prompt:

th.sigit, Nov 10, 2015 IP
  6. ttechfs

ttechfs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys, I got it working now. : ]

ttechfs, Nov 10, 2015 IP