1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DNS issue resolv.conf ...

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by coun_vincent, Jan 6, 2013.

hey ,

i have main server who is distribution some tasks on 5 other powerful dedicated server . but one of them nowadays has an issue of DNS . for now, I use google dns on my /etc/resolv.conf but it seems the server failed a lot when querying google dns. I don’t know what happened to this server. It has problem querying to dns server and the network connection is really slow.

hope that someone here can help me to fix that and i can pay some $ as a Gift

coun_vincent, Jan 6, 2013 IP
  2. RHS-Chris

RHS-Chris Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello there,

Could you explain a little more about how the server is failing using Google's DNS servers? What is it that is not working, and how have you identified that this is the issue?

Regards,
    Chris

RHS-Chris, Jan 6, 2013 IP
  3. zacharooni

zacharooni Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are you able to `dig` against Google's nameservers from your machine? Paste the output of the command below here:

dig problemdomain.com @8.8.8.8

Where problemdomain.com is the domain with the issue

zacharooni, Jan 6, 2013 IP