1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DNS error - help needed

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by vbpujara, Apr 7, 2013.

After losing my site traffic and lost ranking from 1st page to 4th page i took visit to Google webmaster tools, I showed there are DNS errors showing for my site from 27 march with error rate of 100% and another noticeable thing is my hosting provider IP address is also changed during that time. what is problem i can't understand or solve.

How can i solve this and what changes should i make in my hosting or domain account,please suggest me steps to solve this.

Solved! View solution.
    vbpujara, Apr 7, 2013 IP
  2. RonBrown

RonBrown Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You'll need to speak to your host. There's not enough information in your post to provide any help whatsoever. Your host is the only one who can help you at this time.

RonBrown, Apr 7, 2013 IP
  3. vbpujara

vbpujara Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

What information is needed tell me.

vbpujara, Apr 7, 2013 IP
  4. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Let us know what sort of DNS error you are facing. Is it an issue with Name servers, A records, CNAME, etc ? If you could elaborate, it will help the members to provide with a solution.

MilesWeb, Apr 7, 2013 IP
  5. vbpujara

Best Answers:
    Thanks for reply,

I am getting error of "Google couldn't access your site because of a DNS error." in my Google webmaster tools, in result my site lost ranking and traffic as i described earlier.

My IP is changed to 64.120.150.117 from 96.9.186.85
    What another data is required,tell me so i can provide here,
    As you described about Name servers, A records, CNAME , will i have to edit records in my domain account as per hosting zone records.

vbpujara, Apr 7, 2013 IP
  6. RHS-Chris

RHS-Chris Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello there,

Can you let us know the site in question? Odds are, as stated prior, you will need to speak with your host regarding the issue. Do you have custom name servers for your account?

Regards,
    Chris

RHS-Chris, Apr 7, 2013 IP
  7. globegenius

globegenius Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would suspect you have not paid to continue hosting your site. You have given us a c panel ip. They probably stopped hosting your website. Contact them and make payment.

globegenius, Apr 7, 2013 IP
  8. vbpujara

Best Answers:
    It was purchased for 1 year in july.

vbpujara, Apr 7, 2013 IP
  9. vbpujara

Best Answers:
    May be but i don't know custom name servers work or not properly, if there is any tool to know this please let me know. Thanks

vbpujara, Apr 7, 2013 IP
  10. MilesWeb

Best Answers:
    Try using www.intodns.com. It will give you correct information. If possible, share the domain name in question as requested by Chris. It will help to locate the exact problem.

MilesWeb, Apr 7, 2013 IP
  11. Techlusa

Techlusa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Check your cPanel DNS Records, maybe they are of the old server on the new one, check that wisely.

Techlusa, Apr 7, 2013 IP
  12. vbpujara

Best Answers:

Thanks for providing site to proceed me ahead, any way my site is adfreepost.co.in
    if you find any mistake guide me.

vbpujara, Apr 7, 2013 IP
  13. RHS-Chris

RHS-Chris Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello there,

You will need to get in touch with your host. Your DNS records are not in a good health. The name server "ns1.pearlweb.in" does not have a IP assigned to it, which has to be done by the owner of that domain.

Regards,
    Chris

RHS-Chris, Apr 7, 2013 IP
    A records for the Name servers are missing. As suggested by Chris, you can ask the hosting provider to have it set OR login to the cPanel & access Advanced Zone Editor. From here, you can set the A records for Name servers as well.

MilesWeb, Apr 7, 2013 IP
  15. vbpujara

Best Answers:
    @MilesGeek - I checked my site with intodns i got useful information about my records then i corrected my A records in Domain account on 7th. when I checked again today in GWT ,result is quite different and satisfactory my DNS error rate decreased from 100% to 72% and no errors shown in Robots.txt fetch today after 26th.

@RHS-Chris - Yes, I have big confusion with "ns.pearlweb.in" and "ns9.powerindianservers.com" which is correct as per new IP address and there is still a problem with contact to hosting provider.

Thanks to you all, but i have to see next few days what happens. If you have any more suggestions let me know.

vbpujara, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  16. MilesWeb

Best Answers:
    I see that there are no A records for Name servers yet. What are the default Name servers provided by your hosting providers ? Do you wish to register your private Name servers ?

MilesWeb, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  17. vbpujara

Best Answers:

Zone records are showing with new IP address in Cpanel and i added some of them in my domain which were missing, after adding these record i checked again in intodns site there was no error showing for A records.
    But still confusion what more errors still remaining to correct so i continually researching about it and taking guide here from experienced here.

vbpujara, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  18. MilesWeb

Best Answers:
    Could you confirm if you wish to use Name servers provided by the hosting provider OR want to use your private custom Name servers ?

MilesWeb, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  19. vbpujara

Best Answers:

I am using Name servers provided by hosting provider, I just know private custom Name servers can be used but how to get it i don't know. can you describe how to get it,does it need to purchase?

vbpujara, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  20. MilesWeb

Best Answers:
    If you are using the Name servers provided by your hosting provider, they are not configured properly. If you wish to register your private Name servers, below is what you need to do.

1. Ask your registrar to register Name servers ns1.adfreepost.co.in, ns2.adfreepost.co.in & point them to your hosting server IP's.
    OR
    2. Login to the registrar's control panel. Register the Name servers yourself and use them.

MilesWeb, Apr 10, 2013 IP