1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dmoz?

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by kc3, Dec 24, 2004.

1. Solicitors Mortgages

Solicitors Mortgages Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    not a problem with me what DMOZ thinks...we don't do MIRRORS,or SPAM,or SCAM ..so DMOZ can see it how they want to.

....like i said..i am no longer interested in listing from DMOZ..and the sooner listings and SE results from it get devalued,,the BETTER
    as i touched on previously,people only join to list their own sites....
    what a waste of time.
    I am sure some pretty commited individuals work their socks off for it (so dont get upset) but thats just a shame..i can understand why so many editors dont bother to do anything either..and i laugh at the fact that dmoz has to announce on their site how many editors they have that dont actually do anything !! one peep into dmoz forums and you can see how far up themselves most of the editors and moderators are.....too bad.

Solicitors Mortgages, Dec 28, 2004 IP
  2. Solicitors Mortgages

Solicitors Mortgages Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    actually i just had a look at

http://www.dmoz.org and http://www.dmoz.com
    you are not suggesting that they are using mirrors are you??
    surely that would mean they cannot list themselves?

just kidding...i will let you have the last laugh..post away

Solicitors Mortgages, Dec 28, 2004 IP
  3. kc3

kc3 Peon

Best Answers:
    lol, yeah, though I do offer a service in which I help people who need a web host find what they're looking for.

kc3, Dec 28, 2004 IP
  4. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    CBP/Birdie, did you come here as a spy from WPW to ruin this forum like you did to WPW?

Why call one of our members sites spam, go back to WPW and moderate that forum into hell dude, don't come here and insult our members, go back and destroy that forum as you have been doing since you moderated over there.

Did they dump you and you have nothing better to do CBP?

What is your URL and why are you really here CBP/Birdie, members here really do not need your advice man.

Why don't you tell us a bit about your spam sites and URL's Birdie/CBP?

Why hide your sites from Digital Point members and come here just to spy and create bad blood as you do at WPW.

PS: CBP/Birdie is the worst moderator in the history of forums and he will deny that he is CBP the moderator and continue to insult members here for no real reason.

To bad Google does not remove you Birdie/CBP as I am sure you will snitch GEM out for what you call duplicate content.

This guy is a snake folks.

anthonycea, Dec 29, 2004 IP
    eduardomaio likes this.
  5. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:

See what a phony you are Birdie, when Zeezo had thousands of URL's with the same content on each site you defended Google leaving them in the index.

Now you come here you fraud and condemn one of our members for dup. content on 2 sites.

CBP/Birdie, go crawl back under the Google rock you came out from under you sick SOB.

6. Birdie

Birdie Peon

Best Answers:
    Who is CBP?

Birdie, Dec 29, 2004 IP
  7. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Why don't you tell us you phony?

What happened to your moderator job at WPW? Did they dump you because you are a loser.

What is your website URL, are you hiding it from us as you always have you fake?

8. kc3

kc3 Peon

Best Answers:
    There is nothing wrong with having two domains going to the same site! It's just to make it easier to find. heh, just1uk.com and justoneuk.com holy crap, what if someone told somebody justoneuk.com was a great site! And they wen to just1uk.com, wtf? It just makes it easier.

kc3, Dec 29, 2004 IP
  9. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Don't worry about Birdie, he is a singing bird alright (a snitch) and the guy banned me about 5 times at WPW because I caught him in so many lies.

Plus he never won one debate and deleted so many threads that even the management of WPW must think the guy is insane.

Now he comes here to spread his venom on Digital Point members.

Go look at CBP at WPW, he was/is a moderator over there and never shows his URL, it is a secret.

The guy is the biggest phony on the forum circuit and hides behind fake user names and never tells anyone about any of his own sites but will condemn folks that contribute to forums as the "dumb judge of forum content".

Plus he is a crybaby and is wrong about 99% of the time.

10. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    Jaysus can't we have a adult discussion without the handbag fighting...

Birdie had some valid points, so did GEM, let's leave it at that.

DarrenC, Dec 29, 2004 IP
  11. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    You don't know Birdie like I do Jaysus, OK, I know his game and it is not a good one.

12. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I really don't know why people worry about DMOZ. As I've said many times, it's a doomed concept run by an inbred group of meta-editors who are legends in their own minds. There are a small number of decent and dedicated editors who mistakenly still believe in the ideal but they are soon disillusioned or run out. The oft-cited value of having the directory feeds mirrored every which way on the net and therefore a link counting as many is dubious now and will be even more so in the future. Once Google devalues it further, it will be only a footnote in the history of the web.

Save your breath arguing with the few remaining DMOZ fans and disgruntled editors and put that energy to better use developing and promoting your site in areas that actually have some ROI.

minstrel, Dec 29, 2004 IP
  13. Michael

Michael Raider

Best Answers:
    I am a DMOZ fan for that very reason - ROI. It takes only two minutes to submit and then sometime in the following three weeks to three years a lot of non-reciprocated backlinks appear. The main categories will often produce thousands of them and I personally find that my DMOZ submissions provide the highest ROI of any off-page optimization activity.

- Michael

Michael, Dec 30, 2004 IP
  14. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    It is something that may be worthwhile, but as Minstrel mentions it is mismanaged, you can not get honest answers, it is known to be slower than molasses as far as getting responses from submissions.

In fact you may never even be considered or reviewed if the editors in your category are "busy or a competitor" that really does not "want" you in the directory.

So it is a bias process and I have heard that unless you kiss arse or know the editors in some way that you have little hope of getting a listing.

Some have good experiences with them, but most have made bad reports on them and have started their own directories because of this weakness.

anthonycea, Dec 30, 2004 IP
  15. seodelhi

seodelhi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dmoz is like a lottery today, you need good fortune for your website to be accepted.

seodelhi, Dec 30, 2004 IP
  16. barrow

barrow Peon

Best Answers:
    Top 5 Ways To Get Listed In Dmoz
    by barrow

1. Date an editor
    2. Kidnap an editor's loved one for ransom
    3. Bribe an editor
    4. Trick an editor to walk away from the computer while logged into dmoz
    5. Become an editor

But seriously, getting listed in Dmoz requires two things: around 6 months spare time, and luck.

GOOD LUCK

barrow, Dec 30, 2004 IP
  17. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Or never.

One thing most people don't understand is that if an editor decides the category has "enough" representative websites, yours is NEVER going to be added no matter how good it may be, not even if objectively it may be better than some of the others already in DMOZ, becaue it will be deemed "unnecessary".

minstrel, Dec 30, 2004 IP
  18. Michael

Michael Raider

Best Answers:
    I have not experienced that and I have submitted a LOT of sites to many different categories. I have had only one site rejected and after adding more content (which was happening anyway) it was eventually accepted.

Even if half my sites were rejected submission would still provide a very good ROI.

- Michael

Michael, Dec 30, 2004 IP
  19. minstrel

Best Answers:
    I have not experienced it personally either. That doesn't alter the fact that it's true.

There are numerous problems with DMOZ. This is only one of them.

minstrel, Dec 30, 2004 IP
  20. Michael

Michael Raider

Best Answers:
    Just to be clear, I am not suggesting anything you said is incorrect or that DMOZ is fault free, only that I personally have had no real problems and benefited a lot out of the short time it takes to submit sites.

Out of interest what are the categories where the editors are not accepting any new sites because there are "enough representative websites"?

- Michael

Michael, Dec 30, 2004 IP