1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dmoz

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by mystic, Nov 11, 2005.

Well my site was listed in dmoz about a month ago and people say when my site gets listed in dmoz it gets listed in many other directories such as google, etc. Well when i searched on the google directory my site is knowhere to be found. Do you think this is because my site is a pr0 and it should have a certain pr to get listed? By next update i should have a pr4 or pr5, would i get listed in the google directory then?

mystic, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  2. muchacho

muchacho Active Member

Best Answers:
    It has nothing to do with you having PR0.

Google updates the directory from time to time, so you'll have to wait until it updates to see your site there. Other directories use also the dmoz directory data, some do it in real time and others do it the way Google does (with more or less frequency).

muchacho, Nov 12, 2005 IP
  3. mystic

mystic Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well when searching on the google directory i haven't seen one site listed that had a pr0, all that i saw had at least a pr3

mystic, Nov 12, 2005 IP
  4. daredashi

daredashi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    many directories SYNC database of Dmoz periodically (due to huge databse size). so be patient your site will be there on every site that uses DOMZ.

daredashi, Nov 12, 2005 IP
  5. Peter Cornstalk

Peter Cornstalk Peon

Best Answers:
    PR does not drive search engine listings, good quality content that people want to see and a properly laid out website drives search engine listings. PR is just a symptom of this.

Peter Cornstalk, Nov 12, 2005 IP
  6. mdvaldosta

mdvaldosta Peon

Best Answers:
    I got listed for a site I didn't promote, was a new site and all I did was build it and submit it to a couple directories (one was the DMOZ).

I think it got listed about 2 weeks before the PR update. It went straight to a PR4 and had 22 backlinks on G from scraper sites. It now shows 90 something unique backlinks from scraper sites.

mdvaldosta, Nov 12, 2005 IP
  7. bradley

bradley Peon

Best Answers:
    That would suggest that pr3 is the minimum pr boost a dmoz listing gives a new site then, unless you missed some pr2s, 1s and 0s (if those are to be found, they'd be in really deep categories)

bradley, Nov 13, 2005 IP
  8. brizzie

brizzie Peon

Best Answers:
    brizzie, Nov 13, 2005 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers: