1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dmoz - Yahoo!

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by Soraya Marques, Jun 25, 2010.

To show in Dmoz i have to be submitted first in yahoo?

I already try with Dmoz but without success :(

Here anyone have payed to be in yahoo and then request in Dmoz?

Kiss ;)

Soraya Marques, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  2. jimnoble

jimnoble Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We don't care whether or not your website is listed in Yahoo!. I doubt if any editors even take the time out to check.

We do/only care about its content.

jimnoble, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  3. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Please don't forget that it can take several years to get a review for a possible listing in DMOZ and re-suggesting can make that longer or even get a ban for spamming. Suggest only once, thank you.

Anonymously, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  4. isocial

isocial Guest

Best Answers:
    I use to suggest my website every month . but no use.
    i tried this for many of the site with good reputation and hing page rank of 5 to 7 , even though no use in submitting .
    All they need is money to get published .

isocial, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  5. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You are your own worse enemy!! You do realize that every time you submit you just overwrite the previous submission with the new date. Really dumb thing to do. There is NEVER a need to resubmit; doing so is counterproductive!

Agent000, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  6. Anonymously

Best Answers:
    You may well simple have got yourself banned for spamming, submit ONCE is what the guidelines tell you to do.

Anonymously, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  7. Agent000

Best Answers:
    Any they agree that they have read and understood the guidelines when they submit .... don't figure!

Agent000, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Can you substantiate that claim or are you just repeating the baseless claims of others?

sarahk, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  9. helleborine

helleborine Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And don't forget that a DMOZ link is totally not worth the hassle, so your time is better off spent on more efficient and up-to-date SEO methods.

You don't want this link for traffic, you will get NONE. EVER. It's only for SEO - but that was only valid back in 2002. For a long time now, DMOZ links are worthless.

Don't waste your time, move on!

helleborine, Jun 26, 2010 IP
  10. Anand85

Anand85 Active Member

Best Answers:
    DMOZ is Best For Better ranking in GOOGLE.

Anand85, Jun 27, 2010 IP
    Anonymously likes this.
  11. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    My site was a PR3 before getting an ODP listing and is still a PR3... Many sites NOT listed in DMOZ actually have better SERP and PR then many sites actually listed. So your millage may vary.

Qryztufre, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  12. Anonymously

Best Answers:
    We can remove yours again Q. Oh sorry forgot that when yours was delisted because it did not return you bleated everywhere even though you claim the listing has little or no value. LOL

Anonymously, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  13. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, but that was NOT the reason I was bleating, and, erm, whether or not the ODP removes it is out of my control is it not? If it was not listable it would NOT have been added... correct? So why are you here going on about it? Trying to just make "YET ANOTHER TOPIC ABOUT QRYZTUFRE" that does seem to be your favorite theme here on digital point... While I'm flattered & all, it IS thread hijacking!

Qryztufre, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  14. idragon

idragon Peon

Best Answers:
    i think i submitted 3 times, once per year, i guess i got banned as spamming, tho my main site is quite decent and popular and the category has just a few listing. You should charge for submission, at least people will know a direct thing, while other that have "contacts" have hundreds of linsk to the same site in DMOZ, that they shouldn't be there at all. Anyway i gave up on DMOZ long time ago.

idragon, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  15. Anonymously

Best Answers:
    See there is a problem with what you say. We are not a directory that simply seeks to list suggested sites, most directories work like that we do not. We do not see ourselves as seeking to list sites so that the sites can gain some value. We want to list sites for the end user, no concern for what that might or might not do to the site. Editors do not have to use the suggestions when working in an area. We are collecting, collating and categorising sites as a hobby and so that any surfer who wants to use that method to search the intenet can do so.

Why do you want DMOZ to start charging? There are many pay directories and even many free submit directories, why do you want the largest and most successful to use a model that has not produced a larger human edited directory or another one that Google uses? Perhaps you have not heard the rumour that it is precisely that DMOZ operates this model which endered it to Google in the first place.

But you want a directory, used by Google for it's own directory and possibly other purposes to start using a listing method that means people can get their sites listed. Trouble is when we charge we will loose our street cred and most of our editors. Editors are volunteers who want to work this way and while ever their is an internet then I believe that there will be volunteers who want to collect sites into categories for fun and so there always will be a DMOZ.

Anonymously, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  16. 09pank

09pank Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a new site and good content but traffic is very low. Can I get Dmoz listing ?

09pank, Jul 3, 2010 IP
  17. Anonymously

Best Answers:
    Traffic has absolutely nothing to do with a DMOZ listing, given that it is not a forum or a two week old blog. If good content = unique content rich, then given that it fits our other guidelines it has a good chance of being listed. But you want to know when. I can't tell you that, it might take a few days for a review for a possible listing or it might take a few years. Select the best fit category, suggest it and then forget it, there is nothing more you can do to promote it at DMOZ.

Anonymously, Jul 3, 2010 IP
  18. dhtravel51

dhtravel51 Peon

Best Answers:
    I can not add my site to DMOZ, I do not understand the DMOZ !

dhtravel51, Jul 4, 2010 IP
  19. Agent000

Best Answers:
    Only an editor can add a site.

Agent000, Jul 4, 2010 IP
  20. Anonymously

Best Answers:
    If you mean that you have suggested a site and it is not listed then read the posts above and read the sticky that will explain that DMOZ is not a listing service for site owners.

If you mean you do not know how to suggest a site, then I am not sure what the links in you sig are about!

A little hint, you make a suggestion of a site...now read more.

Anonymously, Jul 5, 2010 IP