1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dmoz submission

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by Gniuz, Jul 23, 2006.

1. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Oh, I see. But we're not talking about just this week or next... and AOL-Time-Warner (US) still owns DMOZ...

minstrel, Aug 7, 2006 IP
  2. brizzie

brizzie Peon

Best Answers:
    Not possible. The vast majority of editors are too intimidated to say anything too critical as they know the policy is to shoot the messengers. Ultimately it is counter-productive since it demotivates the whole editor community and the effect on editor numbers and on productivity is clear from the statistics. Whilst Admins stick their heads in the sand and pretend everything would be alright if only the critics would shut up there is no hope. So far they have shown zero propensity to even listen to constructive criticism let alone act. But despite what gworld says there is no gain to be made for anyone in preserving the status quo and presiding over inevitable collapse. So something will have to change soon and the really irritating thing is that with proper management and delegation radical and positive change would not be that difficult to achieve very quickly.

brizzie, Aug 7, 2006 IP
  3. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It seems there is a very good GAIN by continuing the abuse and the corruption in so many parts of the directory. No corrupt enterprise can survive and thrive forever, it seems at present time DMOZ senior editors are only interested to profit as much as possible before it's collapse.

gworld, Aug 7, 2006 IP
  4. brizzie

brizzie Peon

Best Answers:
    There is negligible abuse and corruption across vast tracts of the directory and the vast majority of senior editors are only interested in the wellbeing of the directory. Your primary interest gworld is in the Adult branch, which indisputably has had terrible problems, but since so few editors, including senior editors, have ever gone near it it is patently unfair to give the impression that DMOZ senior editors generally have been involved in creating those problems. Some have and have gone as a result.

brizzie, Aug 7, 2006 IP
  5. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. Even in my former category. Travel.

popotalk, Aug 7, 2006 IP
  6. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You are right. It is clear to anyone that some of the admins and Metas support corruption and abuse for the benefit of human race and not because they are involved or gain something form it. :rolleyes:

gworld, Aug 7, 2006 IP
  7. minstrel

Best Answers:
    gworld is still correct. It doesn't have to be about "abuse" per se - it's parimarily about the admins and upper echelons desperately holding on to "power" via the status quo as long as possible. Change threatens that power - that's why it is opposed.

minstrel, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  8. brizzie

brizzie Peon

Best Answers:
    Power is only of any use if there is anything and anyone left to have power over. Only effective change and management will preserve the DMOZ project and therefore the power if that is what turns them on. Like most editors and fair number of former editors I don't really care about top level power politics as long as they manage the project properly and effectively - if they all want a corner office and a private bathroom who cares as long as they are doing a good job.

Well at least you have moved from all-encompassing accusations to "some of". I suppose that is a concession of sorts. You are drawing conclusions from perceptions without hard evidence. I would rather hear the other side of the story before judging. I have my own suspicions about what is going on but suspicions are not facts.

brizzie, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  9. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I always said that DMOZ "senior" management is a combination of corrupts and impotents. It seems some people have been chosen as senior management based solely on the fact that their IQ level is lower than room temperature in a cold day. :rolleyes:

The simple fact that DMOZ management refuses to deal with suspicions of corruption and abuse is the best proof that they are aware of it, support it and benefit from it. :rolleyes:

gworld, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  10. brizzie

brizzie Peon

Best Answers:
    Nothing is ever simple where DMOZ management is concerned. ;)

brizzie, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  11. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That is what I like from you brizzie. Even when I first joined the ODP you always have the guts to chew them out. Absolutely true and I agree that it is not a simple abuse and corruption. Its comprehensive and very calculated.;)

popotalk, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  12. brizzie

brizzie Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep, and I agree that metas and Admins are also aliens from the planet Zog, here to take over the world through domination of the Internet directory market. Unfortunately they are not doing that well so the world is safe for the moment and we will all live happily ever after.

brizzie, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  13. minstrel

Best Answers:
    As long as there are other metas and other editors, they will feel as though they have power. It's like an exclusive club with only 6 members - but the president still feels important because /she has the title of "president".

minstrel, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  14. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Your right again.;)
    Hmmm. On the contrary they are doing very well.

:rolleyes:

popotalk, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  15. Mattox

Mattox Guest

Best Answers:
    I've been waiting a while for my sites to be included, kinda at the point where I had actually forgotten that I submitted to it... Hopefully one day :D

Mattox, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  16. stelios

stelios Peon

Best Answers:
    I have submitted the site www.ebos.com.cy under Regional: Middle East: Cyprus: Business and Economy: Computers and Internet: Web Design and Development and is not listed yet.

I have submitted it more than 3 months ago.

Can anybody tell me the status?

Regards

Stelios

stelios, Aug 10, 2006 IP