1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DMOZ still accepting listings? Never had one listed

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by neonpandadesign, May 16, 2012.

Does DMOZ still regularly update it's submitted listings?

I understand they're 'manually' verified and it's a small directory (strange considering how weighted everyone says it is for SEO) but I have never had a listing successfully confirmed in two years. All my site's are well designed and not very SEO optimised, good content and Google SERP's.

Appreciate any feedback and success stories!

Neon Panda Design Studios

neonpandadesign, May 16, 2012 IP
  2. AllenTrusts

AllenTrusts Peon

Best Answers:
    I had a site that was listed in DMOZ waaay back in the day. 8+ yrs ago. I'm fairly certain I would have submitted it, though I can't be certain or even recall. The site was content rich, all 100% original, and was updated daily. That I am certain of. It was a full time job at the time. But, with that said the fact that I'd made it in was 50% luck / 50% fluke. I've heard, over the years that submitting a site to DMOZ is fairly pointless. If you're good, they find you kinda deal. I don't even bother anymore.

AllenTrusts, May 16, 2012 IP
  3. neonpandadesign

neonpandadesign Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply!

Glad to know I'm not in the same boat!

Off topic question, do you (or anyone else) have any good guides to building back links? Some good tips or a checklist?

Kind Regards,

Daniel

neonpandadesign, May 16, 2012 IP
  4. AllenTrusts

AllenTrusts Peon

Best Answers:
    My pleasure.

Others may be able to weigh in with other opinions. I've been out of the Web world for a bit.
    In terms of backlinks, I've always suggest slow, steady, and quality. So, I always wen't the Article marketing route. The drawback is that Google is a lot stiffer on Dupe content, so I know it isn't as valuable, but i still think it has a place.

What still seems to work well is guest blog posts. Quality backlinks via comments.

I'm sure others will build on this.

AllenTrusts, May 16, 2012 IP
  5. ksb2050

ksb2050 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    DMOZ is a lost cause and not worth anything anymore. They've lost their web standard.

ksb2050, May 19, 2012 IP
  6. snooks

snooks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you call a directory with a few MILLION listings small........well i guess you are right :) lol

snooks, May 20, 2012 IP
    silencer likes this.