1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DMOZ rejected my site!

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by kids, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Torsten

Torsten Peon

Best Answers:
    But that's what many here belief. While I thinkn in many cases it's actually the kind of "Sites Generally Not to Include".

Torsten, Aug 24, 2010 IP
  2. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Which is why editors constantly try and correct such silly misunderstandings.

Anonymously, Aug 24, 2010 IP
  3. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, a listable site owned by someone who has tried to bribe an editor is rejected... even if it fits each and every guidelines itself. I guess this is due to punish the webmaster, which sadly also punishes the end user... but we all understand.

Sites not to include ends with: These sites may appear to be unique, content-rich, informational sites, however the content is typically copied or slightly modified from reputable sites, or has been autogenerated or manually produced but lacks any real substance.

I can name a site with 20 deep links that pretty much are described exactly the same way. The only thing I see the editors constantly trying to correct about this site is to justify why it's breaking the guidelines. I guess I also see the editors going around supporting the very guidelines this site is breaking when explaining to webmasters why their single site was not added.

Qryztufre, Aug 25, 2010 IP
  4. theseoguys

theseoguys Member

Best Answers:
    You get in, or you don't. The only way to tell, is check, otherwise, carry on with your life as if nothing has happened.

theseoguys, Sep 21, 2010 IP
  5. relivearth

relivearth Peon

Best Answers:
    I submitted two websites and never got a reply from DMOZ. One of them I submitted years back and it was the only submission in that specific category. Still no one picked up. I applied for editor and thats also got rejected. Not sure if anyone ever picked that up or not. Overall I got frustrated with DMOZ and given up. I am happy without it now!!!!!

relivearth, Sep 22, 2010 IP
  6. jimnoble

jimnoble Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How did you know that :)?

jimnoble, Sep 22, 2010 IP
  7. helleborine

helleborine Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    YAY

Someone gets it! <3

helleborine, Sep 22, 2010 IP