1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DMOZ question

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by joeychgo, Sep 28, 2004.

If my site has pages with original content on different topics -

i.e. Auto Insurance-auto loans-auto repair

would it be permissible to submit each page to different catagories in DMOZ?

joeychgo, Sep 28, 2004 IP
  2. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    Shawn will know ...but I think he is away on hols right now.

Foxy, Sep 28, 2004 IP
  3. macdesign

macdesign Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely not.

If one section sells insurance, and the other part of your website sells vegetables from your hobby farm - maybe.

macdesign, Sep 28, 2004 IP
  4. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Any having problems getting on the DMOZ website? 14:56 GMT And I can't get on.

T0PS3O, Sep 28, 2004 IP
  5. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:

So I need to register different domain names............. then im legal as far as domz is concerned.

6. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    I had big problems this morning but eventually it worked and I even managed an upload on lma

Foxy, Sep 28, 2004 IP
  7. Spacen

Spacen Peon

Best Answers:
    There are cases where you are allowed to appear in the directory more than once but those cases are rare. Usually they will only let you in twice if you are in a general category and also want to be in a regional category. Of course, it's very subjective and up to the editor.

Spacen, Sep 28, 2004 IP
  8. macdesign

macdesign Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, but that isn't legal. A business spread across multiple domain names is still considered one business, and it makes no difference. Attempting to submit multiple websites for the same business, would be considered spamming.

Exactly, an editor may choose to make multiple listings, but you should never submit to multiple categories. Thats would also be considerd spamming.

Thats ok in many cases, there are some specific exceptions. In Regional submit to the most specific region related to the location of the business [not the customers or market], and in the subcategory of that region if it exists. e.g.

Regional ..... City ..... Arts and Entertainment

-----------------

Refer to http://www.dmoz.org/add.html

Multiple submissions of the same or related sites may result in the exclusion and/or deletion of those and all affiliated sites.

Identify the single best category for your site. The Open Directory has an enormous array of subjects to choose from. You should submit a site to the single most relevant category

macdesign, Sep 28, 2004 IP
  9. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Auto Insurance and auto loans are 2 entirely different topics though - their only relation would be the ownership.

10. mykoleary

mykoleary Peon

Best Answers:
    As long as the two domains you create are distinct bodies and do NOT redirect back to the same first domain that exists now, then you should be fine. If you DO redirect back to the current domain from any other ne domains, you will not get listed at all.

mykoleary, Oct 9, 2004 IP