1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dmoz page rank checker?

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by kdobson99, Apr 1, 2005.

Before I spend a lot of time putting this mining script together, I just wanted to make sure no one knows of if it has already been done where I could buy it...

I want to crawl the Dmoz index and pull the google PR for each page into a database. It will help make searching for link partners much easier. Anyone know of one?

kdobson99, Apr 1, 2005 IP
  2. nullbit

nullbit Peon

Best Answers:
    nullbit, Apr 1, 2005 IP
  3. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    Get a hold of Duncan Carver's Link Management Assistant. It does two things that you want.. firstly, you can install just a branch of, or the whole DMOZ dir (pulls it from his box in XML I think). Next up, whenever a visitor views a page, the PR is grabbed for each entry.

All you need to do is dive in, setup an extra field for PR in the db, and insert the PR to each on first pass. It may have changed since I used it last, but I'd say it's your best bet. Just remember to honour the licensing - and keep his links in place etc. It's one of the better ones out there and worth supporting.

Cheers,

JL

john_loch, Apr 1, 2005 IP
  4. honey

honey Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Duncan's script really makes it easier, it's almost what you are talking with zero effort.

honey, Apr 1, 2005 IP