1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dmoz mirror question

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by irka, Feb 13, 2006.

I heard from active users here that people uses dmoz outside of the dmoz directory with a mirror technique so they have the directory on their own website.

So... How many backward links you guys got after being agreed in the dmoz directory? i find it a good question. :)
    :) cheers!

irka, Feb 13, 2006 IP
  2. Genie

Genie Peon

Best Answers:
    The ODP has thousands of clones, but many of them have zero PageRank or so low it scarcely counts. Only a few are really worth anything in terms of PR or traffic, mainly the Google Directory.

Genie, Feb 13, 2006 IP
  3. irka

irka Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree but this is just another "mirror" of dmoz. Google got PR thats for sure. The other websites mirror don't have much and i do think so

irka, Feb 13, 2006 IP
  4. muchacho

muchacho Active Member

Best Answers:
    muchacho, Feb 14, 2006 IP
  5. irka

irka Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hum.... perhaps, because this is not the original dmoz directory. It would be astonishing if we can have the exact same PR as DMOZ on our websites via the help of mirror :p.

By the way do you have some informations about the Alexa Directory? I never paid attention to it untill you notice it.

irka, Feb 14, 2006 IP