1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DMOZ Listing

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by sanjay1234, Nov 21, 2010.

Hi

I have tried many time to get listed in DMOZ but unfortunately I couldn't...........Is there any specific technique to get registered with DMOZ.

If anyone knows then kindly let me know.

Thanks in anticipation.

sanjay1234, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  2. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The only sure fire way to get a listing, is to have AOL add your site from an admin level.

Its been done for sites such as CNN, Topix, Rolling Stones & a few others... some of those adds are still within the directory.

However, getting such services are VERY rare, and your site needs to be tops (or in the case of Topix, owned by an editor).

Rolling Stone sites still linger, the CNN sites have mostly been removed due to them changing how their archive system functions, and as far as I can tell, there is still a bot able to list the Topix pages (so much for a human edited directory?)...but again, having this happen to your site is about as likely as a snowball lasting a full hour in the fiery depths of hell.

The best you can hope for is to simply submit your site and then forget about it.... or in some cases, simply forgetting about it.

Qryztufre, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  3. jimnoble

jimnoble Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why ever would you do that when the submission guidelines that you agreed to require that you do so only once?

Listing suggestions don't evaporate with time. At best, each suggestion will have overwritten its predecessor. At worst, you'll have tripped the system's anti-spam defences.

jimnoble, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  4. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well, at best, you will put your submission back in that's been rejected, so that maybe it can be re-reviewed & have better luck?

But your anti-spam comment is likely more on par in most instances...

Qryztufre, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  5. cm2010

cm2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    DMOZ looks for any error, dead links, design, age of domain, popularity all that before they approve any sites.

cm2010, Nov 22, 2010 IP
  6. jimnoble

Best Answers:
    Mostly incorrect :(. Real story.

jimnoble, Nov 22, 2010 IP
  7. sanjay1234

sanjay1234 Peon

Best Answers:
    jimnoble......have you any idea to get registered as by face you are looking very senior......if you know then kindly help me.

sanjay1234, Nov 22, 2010 IP
  8. jimnoble

Best Answers:
    I'm a volunteer and I choose my own priorities. I pretty much stick to them and, right now, I'm focusing on Waikato. Importunate requests which, by being made at all, imply that the requester's priorities are more important than mine aren't welcome. Just think of the unwanted email I'd get if I said yes!

If you mean 'grumpy old man', you're right :)

jimnoble, Nov 22, 2010 IP
  9. Matt K

Matt K Guest

Best Answers:
    I have had the same problems as SanJay.. I almost re-submitted after 2 months but I figured it may be something that takes time. 3 months and waiting :(

Matt K, Nov 22, 2010 IP