1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dmoz Listing Resurrected: An Interesting Finding.

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by Jin, Jun 19, 2010.

Some of you probably remember this thread No Transparency in Dmoz

To those who don't know the background, couple of months ago i had noticed an extra listing in dmoz, which was later removed, we had a heated debate on Dmoz transparency.

Well, i have an update on that topic, i remember that listing was deleted for quite some time, today i randomly searched for the domain and surprised to see that dead listing alive with same anchor and description. I'm wondering what exactly happened to that listing. To what i think, an editor approved the listing, which later got removed by some other editor ( could be a competitior? ) and probably the first editor got pissed and readded the listing?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
    Jin, Jun 19, 2010 IP
  2. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    With No Transparency in Dmoz there is only speculation, and while editors may know they answer, many will not tell based on their NO COMMUNICATION guidelines which keep them better then those on the outside.

However another alternative is that their QA bot caught the site while it was rebooting and flagged it as down, and then an editor happened to check the red flag, noticed that all lights were really green and added it again.

Another speculative answer could be you started this thread as a cover up for a paid listing! *gasp* LOL

The list of possible answers can go on & on & on & on, when in reality there is only one real answer, and sadly due to the Lack Of Transparency in Dmoz no one may ever know.

Qryztufre, Jun 19, 2010 IP
  3. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Anchor Text fixed :p and Lol at paid listing, i would not mind paying for couple of listings tho, but too bad they don't have piad listings options.

Jin, Jun 19, 2010 IP