1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DMOZ listing price list

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by gworld, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I would go as far as to say DP is corrupt if the moderating staff or any of the Admin acted in such a fashion. And to be able to put a link ANYPLACE one must be an editall or higher. So while there is a line between a corrupt member and a corrupt site, that line is very thin, at least in this case.

Qryztufre, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  2. Libertate

Libertate Guest

Best Answers:
    Corruption tends to be like an iceberg.

When one can see a 13% indication of corruption, there is 87% more under the waterline.

I have also found evidence of DMOZ inclusion being bought and sold on guru.com, getafreelancer.com, and others. This is also rampant on .ir, .au, .pl, .ir, .de, .ru and other TLD non-English sites.

I would consider that corruption, no matter how one twists the meaning of "corruption".

The concept of DMOZ is not necessarily corrupt.

DMOZ the organization, as it stands today, is corrupt.

The senior leadership in DMOZ should be trying to find the corrupt individuals and weed them out, instead of battling the people who point out the festering sore.

When a non-profit organization spends more time on defending themselves instead acting on acting on the accusations, there is something seriously wrong in the organization.

Libertate, Sep 6, 2007 IP
    Qryztufre likes this.
  3. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    LOL. :D

They don't need to try very hard, they only need to look in the mirror. :D

gworld, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  4. monfis

monfis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing more corrupt on the net than DMOZ! :D

monfis, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  5. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Senior editors = editalls and don't you claim to be an editall gworld? Doesn't that mean you are corrupt? Maybe that's why you seem to know so much about corruption.

Anonymously, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  6. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That would be a logical conclusion. Though, assuming he is not lying, then that's not saying much for the ODP ;)

Qryztufre, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  7. EveryQuery

EveryQuery Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    WOW! I would have thought DMOZ listings would have been a bit higher in price. Most of these guys are offering under $100 for someone to list them. Seems like the value of a DMOZ listing is not what it used to be. :rolleyes:

EveryQuery, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  8. footodors

footodors Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I submitted a proposal at scriptlance out of curiosity and all I got were responses from people who could submit my site or articles to many directories, just not dmoz.

footodors, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  9. EveryQuery

Best Answers:
    Yea, I imagine there is alot of the auto-submitter crowd (submit a site to 100000s of dirs for 10 bucks...LOL) at that site, rather than the SEO/SEM crowd that is typically the ones trying to sell there "help" in listing a site in DMOZ.

10. amanamission

amanamission Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe I'm missing something amidst all this innuendo and backbiting...but about the original "evidence" of wrongdoing at DMOZ...the bids at scripttlance.
    ALL of the bids were listed as open. ALL were webmasters soliciting DMOZ listing.
    I saw no proof that editors are bidding on the job...especially as none have been accepted. SO WHAT IS THIS ABOUT?
    Besides, all the bids could be coming from frauds, yes, it seems possible, if none of the deals went through, or SEO's who are confident in their ability to list in DMOZ, perhaps because they have a good knowledge of categories and which are actively edited.
    I could see a totally legitimate DMOZ listing service being offered by a non-editor based solely on having a good submission record with DMOZ, finding well-edited categories and offering well-written descriptions.
    That wouldn't taste very good, but would it even be a violation? Sounds like SEO to me.

amanamission, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  11. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, there are too many "senior" editors who work as "SEO" consultant. :rolleyes:

gworld, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  12. amanamission

Best Answers:
    But what I'm asking, Gworld, with all respect...where in your OP link is the evidence against editors? I'm not saying there isn't corruption, I'm saying that I don't see how those listings prove wrongdoing by DMOZ editors. All of the listings are open, and all of the jobs unfulfilled. Does this not prove the opposite of what you allege?
    Please enlighten us.

13. EveryQuery

Best Answers:
    Let me play devil's advocate here. IF I was a corrupt editor, the last thing I would do is respond on a website to such solicitations. Only an idiot would publicly post, "Hey, I'm an editor and I can list you for $XXX."

14. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Just look around, I have also posted a link for people who have bought the service, got their site listed and gave a positive review.

The people who can arrange a listing in DMOZ in 7-10 days either are very lucky and get it by just submission or they are editors, I leave it up to you to decide. :D

gworld, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  15. amanamission

Best Answers:
    Very well...but again, what evidence do you have that these SEO's wield or are using illicit DMOZ influence? Again, I'm not saying they're not DMOZ editors, I just wish to be clear on this point. How do you know the job was not achieved by a NON-EDITOR, familiar with the inner workings of DMOZ but not in it, scouting frequently updated categories and submitting excellent descriptions? Doesn't DMOZ give more credibility to submitters who already have sites included in ODP? Or is that a misconception?
    For the third time, may we see evidence of an EDITOR abusing DMOZ privileges for money?
    Can you prove your above quote was in reference to an editor, and if so, which one?
    Thanks.

16. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Can you prove Mafia exist? may be they are just a bunch of well dressed Italian guys that people pay money to because they like their sense of fashion. Don't people who dress nice get more favorable reaction from others? :rolleyes:

P.S. the jobs is not only done by an editor, it is done by senior editors since normal editors don't have access to list sites in different categories.

gworld, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  17. scoobby

scoobby Active Member

Best Answers:
    dmoz=forget about them!

scoobby, Sep 12, 2007 IP
  18. Anonymously

Best Answers:
    Smear and innuendo, but are you not an editall gworld, do you not claim that? Are you the one that takes money and we need to root out?

How do we know they are telling the truth at all. Its probably gworld that wrote the pieces and no site has been listed and no money changed hands.

Sites, editors or its merely the speculations of a twisted mind.

Anonymously, Sep 12, 2007 IP
  19. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You are so smart. :rolleyes:

The reason that I show DMOZ corruption and crash the link selling market for you and your friends is because I am the one who takes money. How could people not understand the simple view of world according to DMOZ that anybody who fights corruption must be corrupt? :rolleyes:

Do you really think that anybody will accept or be fooled by your BS? :rolleyes:

gworld, Sep 12, 2007 IP
  20. Anonymously

Best Answers:
    Or yours claiming to be an editall, fighting corruption but never uses the guaranteed method.

Print names here with evidence, if it stands up their feet will not touch the floor. Are we stuipid enough to allow clear public evidence to go unpunished, that is about as stupid as you offering to list the sites for money and spoiling your own business.

If you are afraid to offer public evidence use your editall (te he) account and offer evidence privately.

I think people can see that you are the bull sh1tter around here.

Anonymously, Sep 13, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.