1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DMOZ listing price list

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by gworld, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ivan Bajlo

Ivan Bajlo Peon

Best Answers:
    Wisdom and intelligence are often two separate things in Role Playing Games. :D

Ivan Bajlo, Aug 27, 2007 IP
  2. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Was it a commercial category? If it was then you should not be surprised that they don't want to lose some income for selling links by letting you edit. :D

gworld, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  3. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    A while back I started a thread about "senior" editors selling links in DMOZ.

Buy links in DMOZ and price list

Some of the "editors" desperate to hide their link selling business posted that it is not true and claimed that the people who bid for these projects are fraudsters. Here is review from a buyer who has bought a link in DMOZ.

Good job selling DMOZ link. :rolleyes:

gworld, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  4. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If editors did not sell links, then there would never be any evidence of editors being dropped from the project for selling links.

If editors are not corrupt, then the ex-editor crew here would pretty much just be me ( I quit :p )

Sorry, there is not any real need for proof... DMOZ was founded on corruption and there is just no disputing that FACT.

Qryztufre, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  5. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've submitted to ODP, quality sites several times. They don't get listed. So what difference is a ban?

I'm surprised no one has brought up the potential for abuse from editing out links to competitors.

guerilla, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  6. nebuchadrezzar

nebuchadrezzar Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you two need to turn your BS detectors on. Julian could probably turn his BS generator off at the same time.

Lets just for the moment say it is true. How easy would it be to catch "SEOproviders"? All one would have to do is place a project at scriptlance give the top bidder an url, say something like Julian's discount pharmacy site, and soon as it is listed the crooked editor is exposed.

The possibility that this is a successful pay for inclusion should not be totally discounted and no doubt will be investigated and if found to be true editor(s) will be removed and site(s) banned.

nebuchadrezzar, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  7. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    LOL. Are you mad? When are you going to get rid of your competition? No wonder you have to hide since your competitions may be decide to get rid of you first. :D

gworld, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  8. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    LOL. This thread now ranks as #1 in "buy DMOZ link" and "DMOZ link price list"

Result for buy DMOZ link in Google :D

gworld, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  9. nebuchadrezzar

nebuchadrezzar Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh Julian you are doing that charming twist everything around thing that you do!. You know that I have been consistently saying to webmasters that to offer a payment will result in their site being banned.

You really are a wicked one Julian, encouraging webmaster to pay for listings when you know that their sites will be banned. And with you claiming to be an ODP editall and all. That is very very naughty of you.

10. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    LOL. :D Do you really think that anyone will believe your BS when all the proof and evidence is right in front of their face? :rolleyes:

gworld, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  11. nebuchadrezzar

nebuchadrezzar Peon

Best Answers:
    There ya go again twistin it all around. I guess its pretty easy to that sort of thing when you don't have a spine.

We all luv it when you do the smarmy innuendo thing complete with rolly eyes, please keep it up. You can use it to imply all sorts of things without having to actually back it up.

But what you have shown is that someone has posted that they are very happy with someones SEO services that may or may not include a payment to an editor.

12. nebuchadrezzar

nebuchadrezzar Peon

Best Answers:
    My you must be proud, being the corruption fighting editall that you claim you are.

13. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Can some one explain for this moron that ANYBODY can click a link to scriptlance and see by HIS/HER OWN eyes the active trade in DMOZ listings and also read the reviews for service provided by DMOZ "senior" editors? :rolleyes:
    Please also explain at the same time that he is not fooling anyone with his usual BS. :D

gworld, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  14. nebuchadrezzar

nebuchadrezzar Peon

Best Answers:
    Have YOU looked at them. Or are too scared to do even that? Those responding are offering SEO services and manual submission. None of the ones I looked at claim to be editors.

Some of those asking to be listed even give URLS like this one http://www.scriptlance.com/projects/1187475736.shtml

Sorry to cast doubt on your simplistic view of the world Julian but what exactly have you proved?

That some people are prepared to pay for listing?
    That some editors are prepared to accept payment?

Even a moron like me can see that both statements are true. Why do you think that we ban sites and remove editors who are involved in pay for inclusion?

15. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Again for a moron who pretends not to see that project is done, a link is sold and the buyer has posted a good review. :rolleyes:

gworld, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  16. nebuchadrezzar

nebuchadrezzar Peon

Best Answers:
    Didn't you read what I said. I will rephrase: YES, YES, YES there have been and may well be more corrupt editors in the ODP. And YES YES YES this may be one of them.

But as you know editors who abuse their privileges get removed, and webmasters who offer payment get banned. Really Julian it aint that complex. If there were not those who sought to cheat the system we would not have to do such things.

17. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Glad that you finally noticed that your BS defense is useless and nobody is fooled by it and admitted that DMOZ listings are bought and sold on regular bases. :D

Now that you have admitted to the first part, start to think and tell us who has the possibility to sell links in different categories? Can a simple editor sell links in shopping category one day and next day sell links in regional and the day after in another category or does it have to be a "senior" editor? :D

gworld, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  18. Libertate

Libertate Guest

Best Answers:
    Libertate, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  19. windtalker

windtalker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have not seen any editor say Dmoz does not have corruption, but instead that Dmoz itself is not corrupt, which is a difference. I'm quiet sure there are a few corrupt "dmoz editors", but that itself does not make the directory corrupt. If someone was to use that same logic in daily life, then everything is corrupt; businesses, families, and the DP forum, anything with a few corrupt members. There are corrupt members on this forum, that often do daily corrupt activities: stealing ideas, content, money, spam, false business promises (and sometimes never will be banned) but that does not mean DP is corrupt. So the same logic goes for Dmoz.

windtalker, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  20. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Great idea, DMOZ the word, the name is not corrupt, only "senior" DMOZ editors are corrupt. :rolleyes: :D

gworld, Sep 5, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.