1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DMOZ listing price list

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by gworld, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What category & what site?

Those are the two main questions that need to be asked so we can help you get in, or at least help to offer alternatives.

Qryztufre, Aug 24, 2007 IP
  2. gocubs19

gocubs19 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wow you can buy a dmoz listing for only $50

gocubs19, Aug 25, 2007 IP
  3. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Cool time to dish out some money to exploit the already exploited dmoz editors :D

paidhosting, Aug 25, 2007 IP
  4. nebuchadrezzar

nebuchadrezzar Peon

Best Answers:
    Offering a bribe to an editor to list ones site will get your site permanently banned. This is not an idle threat, it happens.

nebuchadrezzar, Aug 25, 2007 IP
  5. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    Sadly, from the looks of scriptlance it seems that paid listings happen as well :(

For many I'd assume that it would be worth the chance to get in. Assuming they've been trying for years to no avail, it's really no major loss to get banned, as from the looks of things, they have been as good as banned for not paying already.

I think that a stock form letter for site rejection would and could to a HUGE favor for ALL involved. I mean, when you reject a site, clicking a reason from a short list only takes half a moment, and then the people that are not getting listed would know the only problem is that they have a shitty duplicate site. As it stands, the only reason they are given for not being listed in the ODP is because DMOZ sucks.

*shrug*

Baby steps?

Qryztufre, Aug 25, 2007 IP
  6. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You mean you are going to ban those who don't buy their links from you? How are you going to do that? It must be hard for you when other editors are cutting your prices. :D

gworld, Aug 25, 2007 IP
  7. nebuchadrezzar

nebuchadrezzar Peon

Best Answers:
    Is that what you do with you being a big shot editall and all?

nebuchadrezzar, Aug 26, 2007 IP
  8. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    No, I just look at the edit logs and make the life difficult for you and your friends. I see your link selling business is down a lot; how about getting a real job, so you don't need to be such a low life? :D

gworld, Aug 26, 2007 IP
  9. nebuchadrezzar

nebuchadrezzar Peon

Best Answers:
    Holy hell Julian you LOOK at the edit logs. Just LOOK. Watch out everybody gworld is LOOKING at the edit logs.

Is this you big act of rebellion?. With every post you admit you are more spineless than previously thought.

10. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    I am having so much fun, you 2 making sure that dmoz looks really bad, and that editors fight internally and externally at dmoz.

Fight Fight Fight

paidhosting, Aug 26, 2007 IP
  11. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am so hurt, NOT. I don't give a damn about what you think since you are a low life. Have you noticed that everyone is this forum has seen what kind of low life you are and they are laughing at you making an ass of your self defending pedophiles and DMOZ corruption with your stupid excuses?
    It is not worth it to crawl on the ground all the time for couple of affiliate links or selling some links. Get a job, get a life and most important of all get some self respect. :rolleyes:

gworld, Aug 26, 2007 IP
  12. nebuchadrezzar

nebuchadrezzar Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh Hell, Julians stopped looking at edit logs and is now throwing generic insults. Well done, very witty, keep up the good work. I guess it is one small step towards growing a spine.

13. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I will keep up the good work and make it more and more difficult for you to sell links. :D

gworld, Aug 26, 2007 IP
  14. nebuchadrezzar

nebuchadrezzar Peon

Best Answers:
    You are the dipstick who keeps encouraging webmasters to offer bribes to be listed. I am the one who is saying over and over again that to do so will result in the sites being banned. Who is encouraging who Gworld?

Look Julian this has been fun as usual but I really must take a break. Feel free to explain to all in sundry how you are too scared to use your editorial position to expose corruption and abuse but would rather rant and rave and here like the caped crusader that you are.

15. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That is because you charge much higher price that those people in scriptlance, so I understand that you are upset that they are offering lower prices and like to get rid of them. :D

gworld, Aug 26, 2007 IP
  16. glengall1

glengall1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Is it just me or you two guys not really like each other ?? :D:D

glengall1, Aug 26, 2007 IP
  17. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    From the outside looking in, Julian seems simply brilliant. Yeah, yeah, both of them are acting the same but DMOZ has consistently claimed that many if not most ex-editors act like gworld is acting...but that argument kind of looses validity when nebuchadrezzar is here acting the same way.

They seem more like a disgruntled couple that needs to have some good make up sex then anyone worthy of actually listening too.

Qryztufre, Aug 26, 2007 IP
  18. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The difference is that I have proof for my post and don't try to defend corruption by posting generic BS. You know annie and these posts are from the time when she was still editor, so no one can claim she was an ex-editor who is upset. :)

The exchange that I mentioned between sidjf and Jezebel is in DMOZ internal forum, so present editors can check it. For those who are not editors, you can register in RZ and get a password for adult section and then you can read by yourself how Motsa covers up when users mention web sites owned by Admin and her assistant as abuse. :rolleyes:

gworld, Aug 26, 2007 IP
  19. enikram

enikram Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's funny how I applied to moderate a small section related to my field. They turned it down due to that section being too busy for new editors(has only about 30 links!) My website however is not being listed after being sumbited a year ago. It seems either that section has no editor or they are my competitors,who don't want me in there. This is what happens when you let people do it...
    At this point, I pretty much abandoned my idea to ever being listed there.

enikram, Aug 26, 2007 IP
  20. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Only wise person i seen here (yup i aint wise :p )

paidhosting, Aug 27, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.