1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DMOZ LISTED LINKS Price?

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by unbeatable, Sep 4, 2012.

Hey ,
    I have several website's that are listed in dmoz dir, i wanna know how much is the price of a link that is listed in DMOZ

thanks

unbeatable, Sep 4, 2012 IP
  2. mixing

mixing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think your domains being listed in DMOZ will fetch you much more per link on a selling basis. I think it's a good addition and would certainly include it when trying to sell your links to buyers, but as far as the price goes there are still other factors which are more important. How much traffic do the sites get? What's the PR on these sites? Those 2 factors should go more into your pricing rather than whether it's DMOZ listed or not..

mixing, Sep 4, 2012 IP
  3. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Suggesting a site is absolutely free. If you think an editor tries to charge you then report them to DMOZ. It will be investigated and editors who take bribes, mercifully very few, do get caught and do get booted off as editors.. If a non editor tries to charge you then they are no more likely to get a listing than you are. Just go to what seems like the best category and suggest your site ONCE.

Be aware that having suggested your site it can take from a few days to a few years before it is looked at by an editor.

Anonymously, Sep 4, 2012 IP
  4. unbeatable

unbeatable Peon

Best Answers:
    Your answer has nothing to do with my question mr spammer

unbeatable, Sep 5, 2012 IP
    indyonline and Qryztufre like this.
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure who you are calling a spammer but from your poorly worded question both are responding appropriately.
    You either "wanna" know the price of getting an additional site listed in DMOZ or you want to know what you can charge for links on your site if you use their DMOZ listing as a selling point. You have posted in the Directories/DMOZ category so the first interpretation is the most appropriate.

sarahk, Sep 5, 2012 IP
  6. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Mixing is correct. In fact, anyone that still takes DMOZ links into effect while pricing a page (or even a link) is living in the past, and deserves to pay more.

There are a small handful of categories that people are still interested in, but in most cases, the only hype the ODP gets these days is complaints.

Qryztufre, Sep 12, 2012 IP
  7. umeedngo

umeedngo Peon

Best Answers:
    DMOZ will not give or take premium links and prices

umeedngo, Sep 13, 2012 IP