1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DMOZ issue

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by Cristian Mezei, Feb 28, 2006.

1. fathom

fathom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great: I have no problem with any of that.

Specifically this?

fathom, Mar 1, 2006 IP
  2. compostannie

compostannie Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm interested in the answer to this question as well. :rolleyes:

compostannie, Mar 1, 2006 IP
  3. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well by not discussing the issues and not answering my questions, you have made your decision about what you think about the vision and spirit that DMOZ should adopt. I have explained my vision and hopes and in my previous post, I have mentioned that there are 3 alternatives or course of action available.

1) fight

2) stay on and kiss ass

3) disappear silently

It seems to me that you have chosen the second alternative. I wish you the best of luck with your choice and hope that it will be worth it for you in the long run but do not forget that corrupt organizations sooner or later will destroy even their most obedient supporters.

gworld, Mar 1, 2006 IP
    minstrel likes this.
  4. compostannie

compostannie Peon

Best Answers:
    gworld, with all due respect, you can't seriously believe we are limited to those three choices, can you?

compostannie, Mar 1, 2006 IP
    Cristian Mezei likes this.
  5. fathom

fathom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No need to reply. You gained access - that is undisputed. I have no direct ability to do anything to curb that abuse - I reported it, that's all I can do.

I'm sure not many IPs accessed that thread - so would think a matter of eliminating IP in logs for the page is rather easy. But up to others.

But like noted here at DP - rarely does abuse go unnotice "forever" people get "too bold" in thinking they have got away with it.

I'm done.

fathom, Mar 1, 2006 IP
  6. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What other alternatives do you see? Most of editors are so scared that they don't even dare to admit that problems exists. May be it is my fault to have such high expectation from the people. I believe that majority of the people are good by nature and will do the right thing if they will get a chance but I am tired of hitting my head to the wall all the time.

The truth as I am learning more and more is that the majority of people and editors have no principle or ambition to do the right thing and the whole DMOZ idea is just a way for them to get a couple of links or make couple of pennies out of being "volunteer".

There was a chance for anyone who was really interested in problems inside DMOZ to participate in theoretical discussions about it without DMOZ censor at DP but editors in all the levels will do anything to avoid a serious discussion of DMOZ flaws that I can prove. If this is what all of you wish for, a corrupt, diseased organization that can provide you with couple of links and give you a sense of belonging and importance, so be it. You can have DMOZ, I have enough in my real life that having a title or being a DMOZ editor does not make any difference for me.

The present editors and DMOZ can have each other, it seems this is a match made in heaven and I can concentrate my effort on another worthy cause or maybe even try to make another directory based on DMOZ original concept of real non profit volunteer organization, I have not decided yet.

In the mean time, I hope that you and other editors at least will have the courage to fight for the removal of pedophile sites, otherwise the next time, you will listen to the news and hear about a pedophile has molested a child, look in the mirror and think that there is a possibility that this has happened as the result of your "volunteer" work.

I will not post on DMOZ corruption any longer since I have come to understanding that this will never be fixed. fathom post above my post says it all, DMOZ is much more interested to fight people who fight corruption than actually fighting the corruption. I will possibly post regarding the pedophile sites since I still believe with enough pressure from public those sites can be removed.

gworld, Mar 1, 2006 IP
  7. find102

find102 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not sure whether there are any DMOZ editors reading these threads; I have many good sites (no spam at all) and I submitted to DMOZ about a year ago but I dont see that listed yet; but I got into Yahoo; if i want to complain or get a reply from DMOZ why my site not included how should I do this
    thanks

find102, Mar 1, 2006 IP
  8. Cristian Mezei

Cristian Mezei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This thread is like ONLY with DMOZ editors :D

Since the Resource-zone forum is closed to submitter's submission statuses, you can just wait.

Cristian Mezei, Mar 1, 2006 IP
  9. krumel

krumel Peon

Best Answers:
    Well..... now ODP editors should search for site owners on forums. :cool:

What`s next?
    :rolleyes:

krumel, Mar 2, 2006 IP
  10. Cristian Mezei

Best Answers:
    Lol Krumi ... your life sucks :)

Cristian Mezei, Mar 2, 2006 IP
  11. krumel

krumel Peon

Best Answers:
    I know. I`m waiting for an ODP editor to find my site. :eek:

That sucks too.

krumel, Mar 2, 2006 IP
  12. Cristian Mezei

Best Answers:
    Yo dude ... Chill out, relax, have a Kit-kat, and let's talk some more on YM!. I missed you :D

Cristian Mezei, Mar 2, 2006 IP