1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DMOZ inclusion problems.

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by LaCabra, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I believe in fees if they keep corruption away like it occurs on a regular basis on DMOZ

Blogmaster, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  2. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    And DMOZ isn't?

minstrel, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  3. metrics

metrics Peon

Best Answers:
    Not sure what you mean. Isn't for free?

metrics, Mar 9, 2005 IP
  4. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Missing websites is what Dr. Baxter is saying ;) :)

anthonycea, Mar 9, 2005 IP
  5. hurricane_sh

hurricane_sh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    DMOZ is funny, I submitted at Jan. 2004, checked on resource-zone.com several months later, I was told it's waiting for review and ask again in 6 months. I asked again last week, guess what? It's still waiting for review and I may ask in another 6 months.

hurricane_sh, Mar 9, 2005 IP
  6. saintdw

saintdw Peon

Best Answers:
    DMOZ wont list me for the hell of it.

My section seem to be updated pretty often, but i guess they are too good for me :eek:

saintdw, Mar 9, 2005 IP
  7. metrics

metrics Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes DMOZ is also missing sites but not the same kind as Yahoo. As I said there is no easy answer for directories. Maybe it is good that there are different kinds of directories with different models since no method works.

metrics, Mar 9, 2005 IP
  8. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    absolutely, and I do hope a directory will arise soon which does list sites based on quality content, in the right sections and has editors which take their job serious.
    But in order to get that accomplished, the editors should be paid as well. Remember: you get what you pay for and DMOZ is a prime example for that.

Blogmaster, Mar 9, 2005 IP
  9. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think it's the fact that it's a volunteer organization that's the problem. I think it's the fact that (1) it's an organization of unmoderated and unrestrained volunteers high on ego, and (2) it's a flawed concept.

minstrel, Mar 9, 2005 IP
  10. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    there are different things in life that motivate people and money is only one. If money is provided, there will be more accountability. The fact that gratitude is being expected as payment does explain some of the illogical behaviour seen.

I just think that in order to avoid corruptions there needs to be some things lined out. Like what are the benefits and then make sure they don't get exceeded.
    Right now the nuts have taken over the nuthouse and the orderlies are gone.

I have a hard time believing that good supervision is possible in a large organization unless someone is being paid to ensure some order.

All I know is when I managed businesses, I focused on paying more for quality people.
    I have seen managers do the opposite and those employees wasted time, slowed down business (income crumbled) and they stole any chance they got, so saving a little cost them a lot, and in some cases it cost the manager the job because he was responsible.

I see every business no no present there. Maybe I have a hard time believing in the non profit concept being a reality on a higher level, everytime I pass the la Jolla mormon temple by the freeway I do see that someone is benefitting financially in most cases.

Blogmaster, Mar 9, 2005 IP