1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dmoz editor bullying and discrimination

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by shygirl, Dec 17, 2005.

1. compostannie

compostannie Peon

Best Answers:
    brizzie has always been completely honest in these forums and everywhere else that I'm aware of. Your judgment of him is way off. And yes, the irony really stands out in this case. ;)

But it would be more of a sad confirmation. I hope brizzie's absence is short.

compostannie, Dec 19, 2005 IP
  2. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    So did you quit or were you forced to quit? Since you are talking about irony, do you mean that you are honest and didn't agree with DMOZ corruption and that is the reason for your resignation?

gworld, Dec 19, 2005 IP
  3. vulcano

vulcano Active Member

Best Answers:
    obviously the sun that warms the sky also burns the last rest of brain where you live:D

vulcano, Dec 19, 2005 IP
  4. brizzie

brizzie Peon

Best Answers:
    Some loaded questions there gworld. You aren't king of the trolls for nothing are you?

No, I wasn't forced to quit. As for the reasons, I left a goodbye note for my former editor colleagues and it would be improper of me to share what is effectively private correspondence. But to save you speculating wildly (which I am sure you will do anyway) the irony and the resignation (retirement is so much nicer a term I think though) were not connected.

brizzie, Dec 19, 2005 IP
  5. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    You know what, you might become worth acknowledging once your posts become longer than your signature link :rolleyes:

Blogmaster, Dec 19, 2005 IP
  6. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Sad to hear this. I am an incurable optimist and I just imagined that for some unexplainable reason, you decided to have a conscious and fight the corruption in DMOZ and that was the reason for your retirement.
    If you were not forced out and your retirement was not because of the corruption, was it because you had already listed all your sites and there was no reason for you to continue? ;)

gworld, Dec 19, 2005 IP
  7. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Sad to hear that, as you know, you were one of my favorites :)

8. brizzie

brizzie Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL, gworld you are just tooo much! The last editing action I did was actually to delist a site I had a connection with.

Seriously though, as an editor I spent time investigating corruption within, as do most experienced editors. DMOZ is mighty tempting to those who would pervert it and it is the vigilence of the vast majority of editors who keep it isolated and under control. I've played my part in the removal of several editors abusing their positions and I'm proud of that achievement.

brizzie, Dec 19, 2005 IP
  9. vulcano

vulcano Active Member

Best Answers:
    you do not get it at all, I am not looking for any acknowledgment especially from your side, you seem concerned about the length of my posts, so what. Anybody is invited to have a look at the lenght of yours within the last 24hours.
    Seems you are suffering from some heavy complex:D

vulcano, Dec 19, 2005 IP
  10. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Are you stupid :confused: You have yet to add anything of value to this forum. I see 150 one liners trying to get your signature link in without saying anything good or bad, just butting in without saying one thing. Not providing resources, tools, news, nothing. Just self serving garbage. If you stopped posting tomorrow, no one would even notice. What a moron you are lmao

So go back to your little one liners. Make a comment or 2 sucking up to Minstrel and whoever else's tailcoats you're riding on.

11. vulcano

vulcano Active Member

Best Answers:
    you seem to be a no-brainer do'nt know how, but finally you are showing some nerves:D
    how did you manage reading 150 one liners while busy posting all your "what do you think guys?"??
    Forgot that you are providing resources, tools, news...:D

vulcano, Dec 19, 2005 IP
  12. lmocr

lmocr Peon

Best Answers:
    Me too. Rude message thing wouldn't let me post just "me too." :p

lmocr, Dec 19, 2005 IP
  13. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Are you talking to the voices on the wall?

14. shygirl

shygirl Guest

Best Answers:
    To Minstrel:

1) I really appreciate the fact that you were sensitive to my disability. Thank you. I did respect your understanding there in that context.

2) You however, did accuse me of relaying 'canned replies', you did tell me on more than one ocassion to 'bugger off back to RZ' and you did tell me that I had left a thread because I was 'stupid and irrelevant'. I've resorted to none of these sort of personal attacks. I've never told anyone to go elsewhere, or call them names and I think I've tried to take each thread seriously, which really, is why I made the effort to reply.

I have no doubt if I'd registered as a member on your forum and said that I had been treated thus either in real life or online I would have been advised to confront the person responsible and make it clear I would not accept being spoken to in such a manner. I'm simply doing so off my own back.

As a newbie here, like I said, I know respect has to be earned, but we all know that no-one can go about gaining that respect when they are constantly belittled and questions they've asked ignored or constantly dismissed as utter nonsense. It's just not possible.

Now for me it's time to let this go, I've made my feelings quite clear and said my piece. I will be back ! But until then...

I wish every one here at DP, a very Happy christmas, and hopefully a VERY prosperous New Year to you all. Much love, Shygirl xxx

(Yes even you Gworld, peace ! ).

shygirl, Dec 19, 2005 IP
    Blogmaster and brizzie like this.
  15. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    This from the little worm who has made a career of riding off people's coattails and sponging off and exploiting strangers and friends alike. Outside of General Chat, care to guess how many of Toots' posts appear in threads where Shawn (usually) or someone else he is trying to impress have already posted?

minstrel, Dec 19, 2005 IP
  16. minstrel

Best Answers:
    So do I. With brizzie gone and Alucard gone, Annie may be the only editor left in here who isn't insane or drunk :eek:

17. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    lol not so, Minnie! But I do like your wild imagination :rolleyes:

18. minstrel

Best Answers:
    I'm not asking anyone to take my word. Check it yourself.

And next time you embarass yourself so badly you need yet another name change, Toots, think about "Sycophant"... that one I'm sure will be a lot more appropriate and accurate than Blogmaster :rolleyes:

19. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Change my name why? Stop halluzinating, Minnie and keep on ranting about DMOZ like some lunatic. The only true embarrassment on this forum is you. No name change would ever solve your problems.

20. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Hallucinating? Are you trying to say you didn't change your name for the third time? :rolleyes: