1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dmoz don't approve please help.

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by traderus, Aug 31, 2010.

I want to register my site (lekpedia.com) in dmoz.org/Regional/Asia/Armenia/Education/.
    But dmoz don't aprove.
    What is wrong?
    What I need to change?

Maybe I don't choose right description or title.
    If you can please help.
    Thanks.

traderus, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  2. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I want to have fruit loops for my breakfast.
    But the grocery don't have them.
    What is wrong ?
    What I need to do or change ?

Maybe I don't choose right breakfast.
    Can somebody help me chose the right breakfast for me ?

Thanks

popotalk, Aug 31, 2010 IP
    Snowblind1 likes this.
  3. web3

web3 Peon

Best Answers:
    Dear Traderus, I visited your site and the niche seems to be quite good. Rather than making the post lengthy, let me make it straight to the point. Getting indexed in DMoz directory is a serious task and most of the people fail 95% of the time. Even though there's not much conditions for Dmoz listing, the existing rules are quite strong and solid. Submitting them in the most relevant category is the key to get listed fast. But your site would be manually reviewed and looks for quality and there's no compromise in this.

The sites age, the pages indexed, the quality of information and content altogether play a vital role. When I looked at your site, what I felt was it contains content (good) but not smells as social. The sidebars and external links can be manipulated in such a way that the site plays a key role in information interchange or providing the best service of its category. You have to make them feel that way. After all, humans are reviewing it. Right?

For your information, I have spent a lot of time researching about DMoz and their criteria of listing when I was a beginner in this. Then I came to know that even the top guns are not listed. Even the sites which taught me SEO and provides good information were not yet listed in Dmoz and this is something that we have to think. And similarly a lot of .ORG and .EDU sites have been rejected. So if you feel confident that your site has something (content and parameters) better than such sites, then you can go for a submission.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
    web3, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  4. traderus

traderus Peon

Best Answers:
    It is very funny popotalk.
    IF you want I can hire u on odesk and send money to buy it.
    Good?
    And thanks web3.

Reading both of posts you can notice different between indians and philippines.

5. elicitservers

elicitservers Peon

Best Answers:
    Not much you can do. Submit it and forget it, because as far as I've known or remember reading, they don't like repeat submitters or won't accept a site that does. Try again in 6-12 months, trying to improve content as you go.

elicitservers, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  6. web3

web3 Peon

Best Answers:
    sorry Traderus if my post bored you. But I was explaining it sincerely based on my experience. But Popotalk explained it in a comic manner but it was quite nice and meaningful too. :) And hope he too mentioned the point - "Submitting on relevant category ".
    And thanks for the reply...

web3, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  7. traderus

traderus Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks all of you.

8. jimnoble

jimnoble Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was tending towards thinking that web3 was talking sense until he said that. Other than being broken, I can't think of a good reason to decline a genuine .edu site (or national equivalent). I never have :)

Definitely not.

Correct.

jimnoble, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  9. web3

web3 Peon

Best Answers:
    Dear Jimnoble, thanks for correcting me and sorry for the mistakes from my side. I just explained the situation that I found for myself. And I was not justifying my point. The rejection of lot of such sites made me feel that there might be something important to consider about age of the site. But you said, its not. Now I believe so. At least you are experienced in these stuffs, I guess.

Thanks for the feedback.

web3, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  10. CReed

CReed Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There are many members here with pending submissions; so rest assured, you're not alone. ')

CReed, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  11. cutev3

cutev3 Member

Best Answers:
    yeah..it's difficult to put our website on DMOZ.
    They've own criteria and they do the directory manually, so human sense is something really important there.
    Be tough friend,
    it's not everything. U still can use another directory if u fail, just like me:)

cutev3, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  12. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Please also remember it can take from a few days to a few years to get a review for a possible listing.

Anonymously, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  13. Bobby_Bacchus

Bobby_Bacchus Active Member

Best Answers:
    We have tired submitting to domz quite a few times, I know our site has meet all requirements and along with that submit to the best relevant category we saw fit.

9 + years domain...

Yet, we still await...

To be continue.

Regards,

Bobby_Bacchus, Sep 24, 2010 IP
  14. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I now am the proud owner of a 4 year old domain... should that be listed based on age alone? If so, then that may explain why there are soooo many other parked domains in the ODP (LOL) seriously...

You say you tried submitting to domz quite a few times and you based your reasoning for being linked on domain age. These two things make me wonder if you even read their add page or even any of the comments in this thread before you posted...

Qryztufre, Sep 24, 2010 IP
  15. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Why do people deliberatly break the guidelines that they agree to and agree they have read when they submit a site and still expect to be listed?

Agent000, Sep 24, 2010 IP
  16. Bobby_Bacchus

Best Answers:
    We don't just base our submission on age of domain

Age of domain
    Quality of content
    Exact mach of category
    relevance etc. etc etc etc... all requirements met.

( not sure how we break the rules.) Please explain.

17. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Why did you submit more than once? Did you not read what you agreed to when you submitted? (you ticked a box saying you read and understaood and agreed to them). How do you think any directory (not just DMOZ) should treat those who can not follow the guidelines that they agreed to?

Agent000, Sep 24, 2010 IP
  18. Bobby_Bacchus

Best Answers:
    Ah got you, the first submission was about 6 months ago more or less.

The the second was follow a few days ago. With out knowing weather or not Dmoz approve or disapprove you, hope that explain the more than one submission.

19. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The guidelines tell you to submit only once. If you have been rejected you would have to rebuild the site for an acceptance and if you have not been reviewed, more than likely in only 6 months, then you will have now overwritten the datestamp and it will look like a new suggestion, so if an editor does review those suggestions and does chose to do it in date order you are at the bottom of the list. On top of that many submissions only get you treated as a spammer and deleted and banned.

We do not loose suggestions they sit in the suggestions pool until an editor volunteers to look at that portion of the directory and work the suggestions area. That can take years. Resubmitting does absolutely nothing except it can harm your chances and, as I said, rejected sites will have to start again to have a chance.

Anonymously, Sep 24, 2010 IP
  20. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    WTF? How can they start again without resubmitting? That type of logic is flawed beyond all comprehension!!!!!

You can't resubmit, it's against the rules.
    You can't know if your site is rejected, it's not in the rules.

So what are you talking about?

Qryztufre, Sep 24, 2010 IP