1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dmoz Directory

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by jhonson, Dec 11, 2005.

hi everybody

i had 4 websites and submitted all websites to DMOZ directory since last 2 months back.But dmoz directory does not shows any links .what happend?

Pls give me help ful suggestions

Jhonson

jhonson, Dec 11, 2005 IP
  2. clancey

clancey Peon

Best Answers:
    You just need to be patient. However, a couple of your sites look more like ad billboards than content sites. This might be a problem getting an editor to accept it.
    For good or bad, a lot of the people editing DMOZ categories are old school internet. As such, they want to see that a site is all about content and not all about getting click throughs on ads.

clancey, Dec 12, 2005 IP
    Alucard likes this.
  3. pagode

pagode Guest

Best Answers:
    We certainly don't want "all about getting clicks on ads" sites. But sites with ads are acceptable. We just mentaly blank them out and look at what is left on the site. If the remaining is enough unique content the site will be listed.

pagode, Dec 12, 2005 IP
  4. wrmineo

wrmineo Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not an editor, but a few observations:

I can help but notice that every link, not site, you submitted goes to pages and not the site ...

Every site and page that I clicked was full of ads and my pop-up blocker was having a hayday stopping things.

As pagode very graciously and politely pointed out, most Editors don't seem to worry about some ads - but come on, this is way more than some.

I'd personally suggest that you study not just the guidelines setforth by the ODP for submission, but also some of the sites listed within the categories to which you're submitting for inclusion.

wrmineo, Dec 12, 2005 IP
    compostannie likes this.