1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DMOZ description replaces META TAG

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by yarman, May 6, 2005.

1. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Well I would say we are doing a great job as these DMOZ threads are all blockbusters and many in the community have joined in and editors have joined in the discussion so I really don't know what you are talking about TOOT.....

anthonycea, May 9, 2005 IP
  2. yarman

yarman Peon

Best Answers:
    OKAY OKAY OKAY OKAY OKAY.

Round and round we go. Let's keep the personal chit chat to a minimum, so this thread holds some level of value to readers! ;)

Sitetutor despises many things at DMOZ but still has some pangs of hope for them sometimes. This leaves him with many emotions, but most everyone in this thread HATES something or other about DMOZ, so let's focus on what the problems with DMOZ are, and discuss that only.

For anyone who is seeking more than that, visit www.match.com :p

yarman, May 9, 2005 IP
  3. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The problem is that "innocent" and "good" editors that you are talking about, have no power to work with anyone or change anything. The one's who can change something, are too financially or emotionally invested in DMOZ to want to change anything.

You can say as many time as you like: "If you want changes, aim high", the only problem is that you can aim as high as you like but when your gun has no bullet, you can't shoot.

AOL does not care about DMOZ or scandal, they have bigger problems (just see my previous post) and therefore change is not possible, the only solution is destruction of DMOZ by convincing Google to drop it.

gworld, May 9, 2005 IP
  4. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Unlike you, I'll just speak for myself here: I don't need you or anyone else to mediate for me... thanks but no thanks. I can do that just fine by myself. And I will also decide how I want to waste my energy. I've already told you -- if you think there's a better way, go and do it. Knock yourself out. Just leave me the hell out of it and stop trying to tell me what I should be doing. For one thing, I think you are hopelessly naive and misguided and, in the end, just wrong. Given that, there is no chance I'm going to follow you, is there?

Then just get the hell out -- who the hell is twisting your arm?

I will decide how I apply my energies and how I "waste my time". That is simply not for you to say.

minstrel, May 9, 2005 IP
  5. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    You will just have to adjust to what is going on here because it is not just going to stop, TOOT, Minstrel and I have been going back an fourth on this issue from the beginning and there are some things that need to be discussed that makes these threads tick.

Just read between the lines and you will find issues being discussed.

anthonycea, May 9, 2005 IP
  6. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Good, and the same goes for me. And I have NEVER attacked any of you guys before YOU started accusing me of selling out. I can be friends with as many DMOZ editors as I want to be. There are many ways to do something and blasting someone else's efforts is foolish. And by the way, it won't be me or you making THE difference but it depends on who is willing to come in and join and help take things to a higher level.

If we can get things accomplished in here, great, if not, try something else. Either ways, this has been going on for years and things have gotten worse. That is the reality of things. I have started my other thread for a reason so that some others are able to voice themselves, the ones that normally stay out of RZ and DMOZ DP all together. You'll be amazed what can be done.

Now look at Yarman's thread if you wanna see something interesting, this is too redundant.

Blogmaster, May 9, 2005 IP
  7. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Higher level? I didn't know that GOD was interested in DMOZ. :D

gworld, May 9, 2005 IP
  8. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Seriously, Toots, do yourself a favor: Before you dig yourself in any deeper, please either get some sleep or go back and read what you've posted in the past couple of days alone. You are losing contact with reality. :eek:

minstrel, May 9, 2005 IP
  9. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    The reality or as you perceive it, does not always match with what it will take to really create necessary change. Changes in DMOZ are important. The way things are going is very bad and has been getting worse. That is undeniable, when you attack a person instead of the reason behing the issue, you are missing the point. I think that Yarman has done something good by going here as well but once again: You're right, it won't work but venting here is the key to it all !
    Sorry!

10. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Aww... that's great, Toots. Thanks! Apology accepted. :D

minstrel, May 9, 2005 IP
  11. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
  12. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
  13. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Sitetutor

Since you like going to resource zone and dealing with editors, I think you will find this useful to take with you.

[​IMG]

:D

gworld, May 9, 2005 IP
  14. yarman

yarman Peon

Best Answers:
    YAH DUDE. I discovered how to get into DMOZ (if you want to, which you shouldn't want to): PRETEND YOU DONT WANT TO BE IN DMOZ!!!

Those sorry wankers think Im actually trying to get deleted. I just wanted editors to update my DMOZ listing so it would have a more recent server submittal rating!!! AHAHAHA the 4ED algorithm on worldwide tracker base Eamry is working perfectly now. I OWN DMOZ. No matter what you say to them, they will do the opposite. So play their game. I got 50 editors to check out my site in a matter of 30 minutes!! Screw waiting around for 6 months!!!

PLAY...MY GAME WUAHAHAHAHAHAH...........

yarman, May 9, 2005 IP
  15. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    your last posts on RZ were funny. You now have 3 user IDs banned and I saved those posts, will show them maybe later for others to enjoy as well :)

Blogmaster, May 10, 2005 IP
  16. yarman

yarman Peon

Best Answers:
    haha...thats rich.

yarman, May 10, 2005 IP
  17. frankm

frankm Active Member

Best Answers:

If THAT's not getting you banned from dmoz, what will ...

frankm, May 10, 2005 IP