1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DMOZ description replaces META TAG

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by yarman, May 6, 2005.

1. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    AC, thank you for your feedback :) I am on the side of those who are right and lemme quote ysf1
    I agree with it, a lot of good editors are alienated when these threads turn into the same Nazi tactics. We all know orlady and annie are not allowed to speak their minds and be themselves. They are being watched. Good luck trying this with me, be better than the guys on RZ and ministrel, I have responded to you in my thread : stop being so fvking selfish for once.

Blogmaster, May 9, 2005 IP
  2. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    There you go again TOOT, you leave us with another post where we must make an attempt to figure out what you meant :confused:

Just answer clearly and ask questions back when folks respond to you, that is all anyone is asking :cool:

anthonycea, May 9, 2005 IP
  3. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    refresh and see the quote, he said it better than me. You guys should realize I am not about my own like most are when it comes to DMOZ. Alienating good people on both sides is bad. If you are angry at DMOZ, go to the boxing ring and knock someone out but don't taint this place with Nazi tactics, the same kind you guys seem to complain about at the zone.

4. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Like I said TOOT, when you want to discuss real issues in these threads instead of sensationalism, please make a post on the issues being discussed and all will be fine.

You are the one always saying we are bashing DMOZ and the editors and that could not be further from the truth, we really are discussing issues and if you can't see that it is your problem. :eek:

5. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    No AC, you are not bashing but Minstrel is just like Hutch and it does nothing, those 2 should fight one another, but I am saying, I am not Annie or orlady, don't try to censor me. I can flip flop or do whatever I want. I have an issue with the RZ attitude and since Minstrel's is not any better, I would be a hypocrite supporting what he is doing in here. Thank God we have places like digitalpoint and sitepoint where you can voice yourself and don't get shut down for your OPINION>

6. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I don't get this, do you mean "good" editors , orlady and annie are censored on RZ or here?

If it is on RZ, well we can't do anything about it since it is a common problem for everyone there.

If you mean on DP, what is your proof, I saw both of them post today. I am all for free speech and don't think anybody should be censored, even if I think is just useless to listen the editor's spam, spam song so many times as their only answer to everything.

Let me tell you a story, 4 man are standing and talking. The 1st man says I think it is cold.
    The 2nd man says I agree with you.
    The 3rd man says but I think is warm and the 2nd man says I agree with you. The 4th man says to 2nd man, but they are saying the opposite, you can not agree with both.
    The 2nd man responds I agree with you too.

I don't think that Mistrel or Antony are trying to stop you from stating your opinion, but in a short while that I have participated in DP, it seems to me that you very often agree with the last posting, so if it is anti-dmoz, your posting will be anti-dmoz and if it is pro, yours will be pro.

May be, it will be good, if you organise your own thoughts and decide where you stand on this question first before discussing it with others.

gworld, May 9, 2005 IP
    minstrel likes this.
  7. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Don't compare SitePoint with Digital Point, SitePoint does censor threads, in fact they deleted many hot threads that I had going there that were very important threads also. :)

8. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    well,,,, there we have it, take a side, stick with it and see nothing else. hmm .. .I am about improvement. Most ppl wanna be right even when they're wrong. Now let's see: Annie and orlady cannot speak about DMOZ or they will be contacted within DMOZ. Now what are we doing in here? Same thing. Just the opposite side of the fence. It makes things worse ... ask yourself if you want to vent or want to help make changes. The good editors would love changes but you guys are too focused on venting that it won't happen. Not like this. If you focus on me instead of what should be done, you are missing the point. What has Minstrel accomplished in his 3 yr battle with DMOZ? And then ask why. That is the issue. You guys can do this for the rest of your life but please don't expect others to spin their wheels as well.

9. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Toot, you really are full of it. One minute you are complaining that we shouldn't be DMOZ bashing and the next you are right in the thick of the bashing yourself and the next you are trying to lure people over to your real estate forum to join in the DMOZ bashing there and the next you are trying to get people to sign up for your blog petition.

Just, in the name of all that's holy, MAKE UP YOUR MIND!

Sheesh... as a member of another forum says in her sig, it's like trying to nail Jello to a tree! :mad:

minstrel, May 9, 2005 IP
  10. nddb

nddb Peon

Best Answers:
    Sitetutor,

"ask yourself if you want to vent or want to help make changes."

I see what you're saying... but every other directory out there has made the changes that would improve DMOZ. Most of the changes they need to make are basic common sense that even a 15 year old putting up a directory could see. They just don't care to change it, so might as well vent. =)

nddb, May 9, 2005 IP
  11. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Damn, gworld! That was very well expressed :D

I think I should take lessons from you... might be better for my blood pressure :D

minstrel, May 9, 2005 IP
  12. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Misntrel, DMOZ is under martial law, very unorganized and the ones in charge are washing their hands in innocence while the little ones are sent in here fighting and kept busy. If you want changes, aim high, and if you won't then stop blasting other people's efforts.

13. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    We are not spinning wheels as you say, these threads on DP have got more attention on the issues at DMOZ than any forum on the internet.

Minstrel has been a big part of that and now you are bashing Minstrel, that really makes no sense at all TOOT.

Look at all the editors that have joined here, Minstrel has found common ground with MACDESIGN, so what you say about Minstrel just bashing DMOZ is BS, he is looking at ideas from others.

I was the one who said that they should fire all the editors and go with automation, not Minstrel, he said that he would just like to see Google drop them and DMOZ to fade into the Sunset :eek:

14. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    I am not bashing but I was being attacked for looking at the other side as well.

15. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Ac the DMOZ editors we see in here are mainly messengers. You want changes, try to do something that will be taken seriously by those who can make a difference. MacDesign is selling DMOZ info for crying out loud, one could argue is that offering 1k for a fast submission is the same thing, a fee to buy time. I will point out when someone is full of it as long as people are and sorry, I am seeing a lot of this on both sides and if you wanna waste my time, fine ...

16. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    No TOOT you were fired at one point by us because you ran off with DMOZ editors to your forum and left the discussion, then when you found out all the action was right here you came back and joined in again and we really to this day do not know where you really stand and you have lost a bit of trust :eek:

17. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    right, I was getting some info and insight on how DMOZ really works within which you guys don't have. If you wanna hate me for it, go ahead. But you don't wanna lose focus of what you are trying to do if indeed you do want to do something

18. minstrel

Best Answers:
    No. You are being attacked for trying to play both sides of the fence and then complaining because we aren't all racing over to join your blog or post in your forum.

minstrel, May 9, 2005 IP
  19. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    I am not trying to play any side, I am trying to mediate and tell you guys your energy should not be wasted alienating editors which would be more than willing to work with you guys if you were more open to ccommunication.

20. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    I am not trying to play any side, I am trying to mediate and tell you guys your energy should not be wasted alienating editors which would be more than willing to work with you guys if you were more open to communication.
    I never wanted to be in this whole DMOZ issue to begin with and most people wouldn't. When they banned me and reinstated me and PMed me I realized that those guys are not being themselves in forums. They cannot speak their minds without being held accountable within DMOZ. You can argue editors in here all you want, but you will get the same replies over and over again. They are being used as a mouthpiece for those YOU cannot reach. Stop wasting your time dude. You have so much energy, YOU could make a difference. If you REALLY want to that is :cool: