1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DMCA filed on me last year, did nothing. Want my account back.

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by andrewcubbie, Oct 19, 2006.

Hello. A little more than a year ago I was contacted by google that someone has alerted them of my website having copied content from theirs, and that proper citation wasn't given. Yes, I did copy a story but I did put a non-clickable link to the website to where I got it, apparantly it wasn't enough.

Now a year later I'm wanted my account back. What google told is to send in a Counter-Claim to gain rights back to my account, however I do not know what this Counter-claim is. What exactly is it? If I told them I didn't copy it, it technically wouldn't be true right? Which would be lying. Also it says something about having service of process from the other half, this does mean court I'm assuming?

What I'm worried about is sending in the counter-claim and then have to go to court because of it. Could somebody maybe clear this up for me?

andrewcubbie, Oct 19, 2006 IP