1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DIY website builder - Yes or No & Why?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Monika G, Apr 18, 2018.

I’m in a need to use one of the DIY website builders. I have few customers that need very simple and small websites, that don’t want to pay a lot.

Therefore, I decided to try some website builder, in order to create their website quicker and charge them less.

I did my research but I would like to hear someones experience.

Do you have experience with some?

Monika G, Apr 18, 2018 IP
  2. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm currently learning Mobirise. It's a free site builder program and I like what I've seen so far.

JoeSpirit, Apr 19, 2018 IP
  3. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    It isn't published yet. I'm building a new funnel and it's going slow as I'm not able to spend time on it every day.

JoeSpirit, Apr 23, 2018 IP
  4. loom128

loom128 Peon

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with JoeSpirit. Mobirise is super cool. It helped me to start studying the site creation process. I'm an entrepreneur of my own hand-made company.
    I needed to create a small landing page and it turned out there's so cool and easy way to create a site all by myself without any programmists and huge amounts of money wastes.
    This drag and drop website builder has everything you need for landing page creation. You can choose images (in the Free Online Library) and google fonts for free. By the way, you can change the outlook of the future site completely. It's possible to change almost every element of the blocks.
    Mobirise has a lot of different themes and extensions. The most useful are Code Editor (if you know some coding), PayPal, Form Builder. It's not necessary to buy a lot of templates. As I said it's possible to change every element of the block. It means that you can buy several of them and change in the way you would want.

Also, it's possible to publish your project to your host directly from the app; to Mobirise's host for free; to your PC. The last option helps you to change the code of the site without Code Editor but it's more difficult.

loom128, Mar 11, 2019 IP
  5. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    Good points loom128. Mobirise constantly releases new themes. Looks to me like that's the way they make their money.

I finally did publish a landing page with it and like the way you can easily change the design of your page around anytime you want or need to.

As far as landing pages I've since started using a tool called Squeeze Page Buddy. I like the output better than the mobirise when I'm only creating an optin page.

JoeSpirit, Mar 12, 2019 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I tried taking my husband through ThemeForest and it just blew his mind and it was a week before we could even start to discuss his new website again. Decided to take him through the free theme options in mobirise and we actually got the job done. My plan had been to let him mess about and then I'd do it properly - having played with a few of these in the past and being generally appalled by what wix etc output - but having viewed the source code I'm really impressed by the code that gets generated. There won't be much to do at all.

sarahk, Mar 17, 2019 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    and this is why you have to be careful even of the good free systems - hidden on the page:
    <section class="engine"><a href="https://mobirise.info/y">free html web templates</a></section>
    Code (markup):

sarahk, Mar 27, 2019 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    and I just found another gotcha from Mobirise. It's fine for the DIY crowd, and it gave my husband some control over the process but the rework required makes it an inadequate tool for people charging for their time.

sarahk, Apr 23, 2019 IP
  9. dojodesign

dojodesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I really don't see why you'd do this to a client who cannot afford a bigger price. Providing crappy service is not the way to go, web design is not the only thing they need for a website. They'll need a proper marketing strategy, the website needs to have a clean code, be properly optimized for search engines etc. If you don't want to work extra, why don't you create a basic template and tell them it's what they get. But make sure it's properly coded and done as it should be, it's just gonna lack more customization, to cut costs. When I see 'web designers' give their clients wix and squarespace sites (or similar) it drives me nuts.

dojodesign, May 15, 2019 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  10. marakillton

marakillton Peon

Best Answers:
    You would suit perfectly Wix, Weebly or Mobirise. The last one really has some advantages as it's totalle free and works offline. Though the other have some cooler options.

marakillton, Jun 5, 2019 IP