1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DIV, Text and List Alignment

Discussion in 'CSS' started by WealthyTeddy, May 31, 2006.

I have an article I wrote and I wanted to add some ads to the left of the article, using a DIV tag with a left float.

The first paragraph of the article is plain text, and this is followed by ten numbered bullet points.

The problem was that either the first paragraph of text is aligned with the text of the bullet points (but not with the numbers, like it used to be before I added the DIV tag), or the numbered list is being shifted left.

It feels as though I've tried every combination of margin and padding settings on the DIV tag, the paragraph tag and the list.

I have been recommended to use "list-style-position : inside;" on the list, which is what's currently on the page, and although that has sorted out the left alignment of the plain text and the list, the list has now lost its hanging indent.

So please could somebody take a look at http://www.technology4u.info/build-...own-website.php and let me know how to fix this?

Please note: if only one ad is showing, you should refresh the page, as the number of ads varies from 1 to 5, and the problem won't be apparent if only one or two ads are displayed.

Thanks!

Mark.

WealthyTeddy, May 31, 2006 IP