1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DIV layout and positioning in dreamweaver

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by salim, Jan 19, 2009.

Hi,
    I am trying to redesign my website in which I used table for my home page as it was easy for me for the layout, easy to split and merge cells ect... I know it was a kind of wrong and instead I am learning DIV and its layout and obviously I am practicing, my problem is layout in which I want
    banner on the top,

then just underneath

image, next, under to it some text

then just under and around some text, images etc...
    all in all I want some control of my layout as such as creating layout layer where positioning is very easy
    how can I achieve that and please if there are good tutorials on the topic, thanks

salim, Jan 19, 2009 IP
  2. inspirdSolutions

inspirdSolutions Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi,

In order to make your divs work and the content to align where you want it to be, you will have to create a .CSS (casscading style sheet) file and define your styles for your web page in there.

For the first three layers, you could start of by doing something like this:
    <div>
    <div id="banner"></div>
    <div id="image"></div>
    <div id ="text"></div>
    </div>

Then define you styles in a .css file like this:

#banner{ }
    #image{ }
    #text{ }

and put your styles for each section in the relevent bracket.

Hope this helps :)

inspirdSolutions, Jan 19, 2009 IP
  3. blackrosezy

blackrosezy Banned

Best Answers:
    URL : http://www.echoecho.com/cssintroduction.htm

Just open url above and learn step by step.Remember, nothing is easy in this world.Just give some time to read the tutoriala and you can design your website as you want.Good luck! :)

blackrosezy, Jan 19, 2009 IP
  4. Sapphiro

Sapphiro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just learn it 2 or 3 months ago and I've already done 4 or 5 freelance xhtml/css work with it. It's kinda easy to pick up, w3school.com should be your best friend. :p

btw, for "columns" u used to use in tables, make 2 div with "float:left", so it'll appear beside one another.:D

Sapphiro, Jan 19, 2009 IP