1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

<div> banner aligned to the right of a <table>

Discussion in 'CSS' started by spooksie, Sep 20, 2005.

Hi

I'm having a problem at the moment on CSS2 positioning. Basically I need to put a floating banner to the right of a table. One of the problems is that the <table> is aligned=Center.

I've managed to get it right, but once I change resolutions it doesn't work. Does anyone know any way of making it stick to the right of the table and that will work on all resolutions. I've tried absolute percentages? and looked all over the web. If you can help, thank you.

I've done a diagram to illustrate my problem.

[​IMG]

Cheers

Vinnie
    Designer and CSS2

Earn 20% by pointing clients to us.
    http://www.definitivelabs.com

spooksie, Sep 20, 2005 IP
  2. maro

maro Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you try putting the <div> and the <table> inside a bigger <table>?

maro, Sep 20, 2005 IP
  3. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just to clarify, do you want the div to align right regardless of the resolution? If so, then users with 800x600 will have to scroll sideways to see it.

Amsterdam, Sep 21, 2005 IP
  4. bhutz

bhutz Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe you could post a link to the page where we can see a demo.
    I think first of all, if your table is 760px wide the widest banner you could have and still have displayed would be 10px, I'm sure 800x600 users only get 780px width worth of page. (on IE anyway)

I would suggest that you visit this css layout technique,I use this method all the time for my layout. I think you will need to put you table inside a div, at least that way you will have more control over it.

I would approach it like...
    <div id="container">
        <div id="table">table here</div>
        <div id="banner">Banner here</div>
    </div>
    Code (markup):
    float container div left, float table div left and float banner div right.(don't forget to add width for each div) All is explained in the above link, good luck

bhutz, Sep 21, 2005 IP