1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ditching Java-script for picture-show

Discussion in 'PHP' started by miko67, Jan 11, 2005.

miko67, Jan 11, 2005 IP
    SEMrush
  2. Trance-formation

Trance-formation Peon

Best Answers:
    Would not simply using each picture as a link with target="_blank" do what you want in straight html?

Trance-formation, Jan 11, 2005 IP
  3. rvarcher

rvarcher Peon

Best Answers:
    target="_blank" won't let you specify new new window's settings. like size, status bar, menu, etc. Javascript is the only thing I know of that let's you pop up and configure a new window. PHP is a server side scripting language. It doesn't (can't) direct the browser to take any action.

The only PHP improvement I can think of is instead of sending the pop up to an html page or an image send it to a PHP script like show_pic.php?pic_name=vase1.gif Giving yourself 1 place to make changes/improvements.

rvarcher, Jan 11, 2005 IP
  4. miko67

miko67 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You'r right.
    Ok, hrmmm I'll have to look that one up and see if I can figure out what it can do for me.

I think maybe I'll better just try and see if it looks good with each picture in its own page Including menus, top, side and bottom. This will create ca. 20-25 pages more, which - even though it is a very small amount - still more than tripples the size of the website in page numbers.

miko67, Jan 11, 2005 IP