1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Distributor Shop in Woocommerce

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Boxwell, Jan 16, 2017.

Hello,

I have set up a distributor shop area in Woocommerce, where we will have lower prices but bulk ordering. The main shop will also be active.

The way I have done this so far is to set up a distributor category on the site, and any products that are for distributors will be added to this. I have set up a page that used the Woocommerce shortcode to display products in a particular category.

I've also used the Nav Menu Roles plugin to hide the distributor shop page from anyone except those logged in with distributor role.

The problem I have is how to hide the main shop from the distributor. I can limit the access to either individual roles (of which logged out user is not one), or let everyone access it. When I choose specific roles and then allow all roles except distributor, then it does not let people who are not logged in to view the shop.
    upload_2017-1-16_11-3-28.png
    upload_2017-1-16_11-4-6.png

Any help is greatly appreciated.

best wishes,

Graeme

Boxwell, Jan 16, 2017 IP
  2. Shahzad Jameel

Shahzad Jameel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Graeme,

As per my knowledge you will have to apply plenty of ifs and buts manually if you want to show different prices to different type of customers. So instead of this manual work you should use some plugin. Might be this WP plugin will help you https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-wholesale-prices/

Cheers

Shahzad Jameel, Jan 17, 2017 IP
  3. Boxwell

Boxwell Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Shahzad,

Thanks for your reply, it's really appreciated.

Unfortunately, it's not quite what we are looking to achieve. I'm looking to hide the shop page completely from Distributor user, while showing them their own Shop page.

We can already change prices based on roles using the WooCommerce Role Based Methods plugin.

As there will be some products as distributor only, and others that are for both, and yet others that are customer only we would like separate shop pages with the ability to hide the menu item for the main shop when logged in as a distributor.

Boxwell, Jan 17, 2017 IP