1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Displaying output from one table based on the info of another

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Warwick Lyons, Mar 29, 2013.

This has been driving me crazy!!!
    I am creating a small plugin with two tables"
    table1
    id
    first_name
    family_name
    date_of_birth
    family_id
    post_id father_id
    mother_id
    sex

and
    table2
    id
    person_id
    spouse_id
    date_of_marriage
    marriage_id

My question is this
    How do i display a table of spouses?
    ie grab the first_name, family_name for spouse one and the first_name, familyname of spouse2 from table1 and the date_of_marriage from table2 based on the person_id and spouse_id of table2.
    I can get the table to display one spouse member but not the other:
    I would like the output table to have the following headings:
    Spouse 1 Marriage Date Spouse 2
    First Name Family Name Date of Marriage First Name Family Name
    The code I have tried is:
    'include ('tablename.php'); // This contains the names of the tables $result = $wpdb->get_results( "SELECT $table_name.first_name, $table_name.family_name, $table_name.sex, $table_name.post_id, $table_name2.date_of_marriage, $table_name2.person_id, $table_name2.spouse_id, $table_name2.marriage_id FROM $table_name JOIN $table_name2 ON $table_name.id=$table_name2.person_id ORDER BY '$table_name2.id ASC'" ); $spouse_id = $wpdb->get_var( "SELECT spouse_id FROM $table_name2 WHERE person_id = $id" ); $marriage_id = $wpdb->get_var( "SELECT marriage_id FROM $table_name2 WHERE person_id = id and spouse_id = $spouse_id" ); ?> <th class="menu_heading"> First Name</th> <th class="menu_heading"> Family Name</th> <th class="menu_heading small"> Edit Wife</th> <th class="menu_heading"> Marriage</th> <th class="menu_heading small"> Edit Date</th> <th class="menu_heading small"> Delete</th> <tr> <?php // Loop through the results to display the obtained information foreach ($result as $result){ ?> <tr class="menu_list"> <td ><?php echo $result->first_name;?></td> <td ><?php echo $result->family_name;?></td> <td ><?php echo $result->marriage_date;?></td> </tr> <?php } > </tr> </table> <?php } ?>'
    Any Assistance is appreciated
    Thanks

Warwick Lyons, Mar 29, 2013 IP