1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by bellcom, Feb 18, 2014.

I have used some rss feed widgets that are easy use but they put the posts in the sidebar.
    How could I display an rss feed from another site on a page?

I tried the feedwordpress plugin but I don't think it was made for that.
    http://feedwordpress.radgeek.com/wiki/how-do-i-make-new-posts-from-my-feeds-appear-on-a-separate-page-instead-of-being-imported-into-the-main-stream-of-posts/

A lot of the rss feed plugins I see are for widgets so wondering if anyone has used something that will display on a page.

Saw this, would the code need to be inserted into the template file?
    http://stanislav.it/how-to-display-wordpress-posts-in-another-wp-site-using-rss/
    I tried just putting it into a page but didn't seem to work.

Any suggestions appreciated :)

bellcom, Feb 18, 2014 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Off the top of my head, by default feedwordpress will put posts into categories. I cant imagine how they would wind up in the sidebar unless you are showing latest posts there. That stuff makes posts for you.

That said, http://wordpress.org/plugins/jps-get-rss-feed/ shows that you can insert posts into a specific "page" rather than post if you will.

Hope that helps a bit,
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Feb 18, 2014 IP
  3. bellcom

bellcom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Nigel, I meant that I have a few simple plugins that DO put the posts into the widget area(didn't mean to refer to feedwordpress on that) and are easy to use but looking for something else to place posts onto the page.

I tried to get feedwordpress to work but still at it. Have you used that one?
    I can set it to import the feed from another site and specify which category those imported posts are placed, is that correct? Didn't quite get the import to work yet

bellcom, Feb 18, 2014 IP
  4. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That is correct. Feedwordpress will put posts into whatever category you want(as a normal post) or it will even try to create the category coming from the feed if it doesn't exist but you have to tell it to.

I am not sure that you can stick them on a page unless its basically a blog category.

That stuff is typically pretty easy to figure out. The issues lie more so in some formatting and or image issues if the feed is not displaying the entire post with the image.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Feb 18, 2014 IP
  5. imuncutno1

imuncutno1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How could I display an rss feed from another site on a page?
    I would try to answer this.

Get a WP plugins namely as " WP Simple Rss Feed Reader" for showing your latest post on a page or the post itself.

However, the successful of installation depends on your hosting server - read more...

imuncutno1, Feb 18, 2014 IP
  6. bellcom

bellcom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    WP Simple Rss Feed Reader does work and simple to setup, but the blog posts link back to the orig site.
    I was trying to import all the posts from another site and keep my visitors on the current site.

The feedwordpress plugin works great, I just didn't get all the settings right the first time around because there is so many settings that can be set which is good. I was able to set it up so that it imports all the posts from another site and sets the links to point to orig site or you can keep them pointing to the posts on the current site.

I had a client that wanted to be able to post to a blog on one site and have the posts also display on another similar and related site. So I wonder how much duplicated content will affect seo on both sites?

bellcom, Feb 21, 2014 IP
  7. shaid

shaid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it will not be good for your site as copied content.

shaid, Mar 13, 2014 IP