1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Display Network only: How to know the bid?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by bernhard, Sep 12, 2017.

I can't figure out how I can select a bid for a specific ad campaign?

I want to use Display Network only. That means, my Ads should only show up on websites, and not within the google Search Site (SERPS).

Market: Credit and loans
    Related keywords.

I am also using the Display Network to chose from specific websites.
    How do I know what bid I should chose?

I mean the exact $value?

Let's say.. the average bid on a page is $5 according to the Display Planner.
    What happens if I chose my max bid at $1?

My ads will never show up?

I would love to learn more about this topic. I am also willing to pay an AdWords Pro for counseling, tutoring and or working for me.

Thank you very much for every little help,
    appreciate it!

bernhard, Sep 12, 2017 IP
  2. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First, if I read you correctly, you are going to target only specific sites, not use keywords. That's exactly how to do it IMO.

The display network works pretty much the same as search as far as ranking ads is concerned. You need to have the better ad rank of your bid times your quality which is really your click rate. If it's too low, your ads will not show as often so you need to strike a balance. This will depend also on which site you are showing on. One that advertisers are coveting, the bids may be higher than a low traffic site. The problem is that most use keywords and worse, mix search with display. This means that usually their bids are set to take advantage of the search network which typically is higher than needed for the display network.

You ask for an exact value. There's no such thing as the whole auction is very volatile and as said, can be very different site to site. I'd use the display planner as a guide only. It has no idea what your quality is but assumes an average one. The equivalent of QS on the DN by the way is Relative CTR with 1.0 being average.

Lucid Web Marketing, Sep 13, 2017 IP
  3. Manoj Negi

Manoj Negi Banned

Best Answers:
    1- Display network is vast than the search network.

2- We cannot set the bid on selected or specific PLACEMENT websites or targeted KEYWORDS same like Google Search Network.

3- While setting up of the Display network campaign, you have to select the bid strategy and accordingly your campaign runs. If you select "Maximize Clicks" then you can set the bid limit etc.

4- I recommend to start the bid with $1 and see the ads position, impressions, clicks, CTR etc. then accordingly optimise the bid amount.

5- If avg. bid is $5 and you are putting $1 then either your ad will not show, will not perform well or will receive a few impressions.

6- Display network is good for Branding, you can run the Re-marketing also for a better ROI/Conversions.

7- Since you have the Credit and Loans market so you can use the KEYWORDS promotion under the Google Display which will give the Conversions also.

Manoj Negi, Oct 24, 2017 IP