1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Display a 100% height background image in FireFox?

Discussion in 'CSS' started by 123GoToAndPlay, Dec 5, 2007.

1. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    But notice the graph is comparing IE9, which won't be out for two more years, against currently shipping browsers. Since it's still dead last in all those categories today, and the other browsers are moving ahead of that, just how bad is IE9 going to be when it comes out?

At the rate they're going, no one may care cause no one will be using it. Especially now that ChromeOS will be out in a few months.

drhowarddrfine, Nov 20, 2009 IP
  2. rochow

rochow Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ChromeOS looks fairly weak feature wise, though I'll reserve my full judgement until I actually try it. It will probably make a good dual boot option for my netbook when I just want to surf & listen to music, it's *meant* to be a lot lighter and quicker on power-lacking systems. I don't see it as a threat to IE9 or windows in general (at least right now), it doesn't have enough to replace it.

rochow, Nov 20, 2009 IP
  3. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
  4. rochow

rochow Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The one pitfall I see is that if everything is in the cloud, without internet (say in the car on highway, in and out of signal; on a plane) it would become useless.

rochow, Nov 21, 2009 IP
  5. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    How often does your internet go down? About as often as you lose power or telephone service?

drhowarddrfine, Nov 21, 2009 IP
  6. rochow

rochow Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The idea of a portable notebook is to take it places, if I'm restricted to my home, it's not very handy. We don't have wifi everywhere like some cities do.

rochow, Nov 21, 2009 IP