1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dispelling Time

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Skinny, Dec 8, 2005.

Okay . . .I blog about technology and the blog is slowly growing. As I get better is it neccessary that I get a domain name?

Will people be like, " oh it's Tech-Guru DOT BLOGSPOT. . .this is SO unproffesional"?

Please tell me.

Regards,

Skinny

Skinny, Dec 8, 2005 IP
  2. HP11

HP11 Peon

Best Answers:
    I personally believe that a stand alone domain will give you more of an ability to grow.

HP11, Dec 8, 2005 IP
  3. fsmedia

fsmedia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I personally will never blog on a site that isn't owned by myself. Call me paranoid about trust, but I like to have full control over EVERY aspect of my site. Everything from the editing tools to the version to where the site is located on the server. I run a dedicated server for all my sites.

As far a professional, I have seen many professional bloggers use a subdomain, but I think it's more professional to have a domain. Remember that the domain name makes a big difference in your site theme. See here for a good article.

fsmedia, Dec 8, 2005 IP