1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

discussion on the lowering rate of article writing service on DP

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Sumit kumar, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Traditione

Traditione Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    "they can produce it cheaper but that doesn't mean that they are really doing it cheaper"
    ^ Doesn't that mean they are doing it cheaper? I don't understand.

I've bought plenty of articles for $5-$10, and plenty of them were horribly spun or just straight up copy & paste jobs.

I've had excellent writers who started out at $1-$2 for an article. They wrote the article insanely fast, it passed copyscape, and was great quality. I raised the rate to keep them interested in my orders that were increasing in volume.

I won't trust an American/European writing at $1/500 words, but why wouldn't I trust someone where $1 allows them to buy in their currency what $5 buys me?
    $1 isn't $1 universally around the world.

This all being said, the ones who are really getting screwed are British writers.

Quality will be there intrinsically if you plan to have your business opened for a while.
    It's all about the clients you find, how you communicate with them, your reputation, and your character.

Traditione, Jun 29, 2012 IP
  2. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It shouldn't matter where the writer lives. What should matter is the global value of the piece being written. If the words are used to sell a $100,000 piece of equipment, why should the writer's location affect the price they are paid? If a writer's work should command $1,000, why should they accept 50cents just because they live in a country where $1,000 is more than most people make in a year.

Copywriters in the direct marketing field are often paid based on the sales their work generates. Under a global economy theory, writer's in the US or UK would receive one percentage and writer's in countries with a lower standard of living should have to accept being paid less. What utter nonsense.

If an American or Brit writer moves to the Philippines or India, should they have to cut their rates? Conversely, if a writer from India moves to the US, should their rate automatically increase? The amount of return the buyer gets on their investment in those words didn't change, so why should the writer's rates change?

YMC, Jun 29, 2012 IP
  3. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    exactly. Being bold enough to request higher rate or living in a high-wage country, does not make a quality writer!

atxsurf, Jun 29, 2012 IP
  4. TopicBay

TopicBay Peon

Best Answers:
    The problem is that anybody can become a writer, and nowadays there are more writers than buyers. If you are willing to write for $1.50 for 500 words, fair enough. Its a free market. However, buyers that are serious about the content they publish on their sites will never ask for cheap content writers, not if they resect their target audience.

TopicBay, Jun 30, 2012 IP
  5. Social_Network

Social_Network Peon

Best Answers:
    $1 per 100 words it's totaly okay price for me.

Social_Network, Jun 30, 2012 IP
  6. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Worst thing happening is that potential clients all over the web are using DP's low rates to rule their criteria, making nearly impossible to find a place where people want to pay what an article is really worth.

$1 per 100 words could be fine for some people, but it's still too low for a professional writer, and prospective clients are everyday more demanding when it comes to hiring writers with the higher qualifications.

For $1/100-word it's offensive ask for an academic writer to take on a writing job.

Mystique, Jun 30, 2012 IP
  7. MagicMonkey

MagicMonkey Member

Best Answers:
    I enjoyed this thread quite alot. There's a lot to be made in copywriting and even $1/100 words i would consider cheap articles. If a native english writer wanted to make a decent wage they'd have to write at least 20 articles a day to make ends meet.

And to all of you thinking the $1/500 word guys are just crap they aren't - they are actually quite clever. If you give me a buck i'll spin the frst five pages i rip off google and send them to you as well. $5 for less than ten minutes work doesn't seem too bad. If you don't believe me head over to the content section and see how many people are there every day selling batches of 50 articles. Spin and win for them it's only idiot buyers who think they are worth anything - and you know they'll be the ones to get smacked down by google next time around!

MagicMonkey, Jul 1, 2012 IP
  8. MoreThanWords

MoreThanWords Peon

Best Answers:
    can produce cheaper....... but really doesnt mean that they are producing cheaper..... if you're really delivering quality, on shore or off shore... there is no way that writer would accept $1 per 500 words even though they CAN accept it OFFSHORE they wont because they know what they are worth.

and if the market is really like that right now? finding good writers at $1 then i should think about outsourcing it to them. saves me a lot of trouble hehehehe you know some good writers who for $1?? i can use one now

MoreThanWords, Jul 1, 2012 IP
  9. MoreThanWords

MoreThanWords Peon

Best Answers:
    with that grammar you can get $0.01 per 500 words :)

10. MoreThanWords

MoreThanWords Peon

Best Answers:
    true. and i must say that $5 is even cheap

11. MoreThanWords

MoreThanWords Peon

Best Answers:
    \

by the way...$5-$10 is also cheap

12. MoreThanWords

MoreThanWords Peon

Best Answers:
    hahaha............. you know maybe its time to write for ourselves... i mean when a project supplier comes with topics for $1 per 500 words.. i mean i'd write the topic myself and post it on my own blog... put adsense on it and that way i would even make more money out of it! you see how ridiculous it is to write for $1??? haha even with adsense you can make more money with your article!

13. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    the problem is that you can get spun (and proofread) articles at any price - there is no way to check it is not original in copyscape, is there?

atxsurf, Jul 1, 2012 IP
  14. MoreThanWords

MoreThanWords Peon

Best Answers:
    there is.. but if they really rewrite the whole stuff... Google will notice...

15. crownedprince

crownedprince Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Exactly, Why the heck does someones location matter? Its should't even be considered in any terms. There always be 3 level of writers/buyers, as told by YMC so naturally global rate and value should be considered for each on separate margins.
    There are many writers who lives in this Asia and have just excellent writing skills to show up, but they didn't get much exposure to carry that forward as some of these cheap writers have made the market so spoiled that tier 1 clients fear to pay them and move away even before recognition , despite of the fact that they are dealing with right person...and not any frauds

crownedprince, Jul 6, 2012 IP
  16. MagicMonkey

MagicMonkey Member

Best Answers:
    While I agree in principal that a writer from anywhere in the world should be able to command the same prices as anyone else the reality is that an incredibly small percentage of non-native speakers can actually write. Even the better Indian, Phillipino etc writers i have used make frequent syntax, spelling and grammar errors. So finding someone who is actually good is the problem.

MagicMonkey, Jul 7, 2012 IP
  17. MoreThanWords

MoreThanWords Peon

Best Answers:
    for the right price you can find anyone :)

MoreThanWords, Jul 7, 2012 IP
  18. Bigblogacademy

Bigblogacademy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, even I have come to know several websites invite writers to write at high rates.. as high as $6 up to $ 20 per page ... But you should have best skills to get paid up to that limit.. For more info please visit the blog link in my signature.. I am constantly updating whenever I am getting that websites just to help other writers know about such opportunities.

Bigblogacademy, Jul 7, 2012 IP
  19. zubizubi

zubizubi Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should always look after the quality of the service that you receive instead of saving money.

zubizubi, Jul 7, 2012 IP
  20. wow.znovu.com

wow.znovu.com Member

Best Answers:
    You get what you charge! When you charge $1.00 / 100 words or less you attract vultures.

Do you really want to work for a vulture?

The type of buyer who will settle for a writer charging such a low rate is the kind who may or may not pay you when you complete work, or they may constantly delay payment. You will likely have to request payment repeatedly for one invoice. They will demand more and more for such little money. Is this what you want?

Then charge a rate that attracts higher quality buyers.

wow.znovu.com, Jul 8, 2012 IP