1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

discussion on the lowering rate of article writing service on DP

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Sumit kumar, Jun 23, 2012.

There are some people in DP who have lower the copywriting services drastically, these people are offering article for as low as $1.5 per 500 words. Yes there is competion but we are making the buyer the king. there should be some minimum level below which the rate should not be lowered.If these trend continue then one day will come when the rate will be $1 per 500 words and then there will be no profits to the writer.as a results there will be no value of the writers and their actual contents. and the buyers will be always in profit

Sumit kumar, Jun 23, 2012 IP
  2. sliccat

sliccat Peon

Best Answers:
    It's why I don't use the site much anymore. But there's not much use in complaining about it. You'll always have the unskilled and/or desperate. The key is to make the value of your own work apparent.

sliccat, Jun 23, 2012 IP
  3. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    the is a law of supply and demand, it is a free market, right?
    As to "making the buyer the king", let me tell you something from a buyer perspective. I see a lot of people promising everything and not delivering the quality promised. That destroys buyer's confidence while driving quality provider away and may or may be not related to the low offer price. That is a real issue with any online outsourcing, not just copywriting.

atxsurf, Jun 23, 2012 IP
  4. MoreThanWords

MoreThanWords Peon

Best Answers:
    When people buy at $1 per 500 words then they get quality as your thread.. with other words a lot of typo's and grammar error. If you're worried about the rate that much there are a lot of companies out there willing to pay like 15 times more then $1. But people pay for quality ;) so if you're going for the $1 that means your work is not more worth then $1

MoreThanWords, Jun 24, 2012 IP
  5. MoreThanWords

MoreThanWords Peon

Best Answers:
    haha......... that really makes me laugh.. did you expect something else from a buyer perspective? promising quality at $1 per article? come on!

MoreThanWords, Jun 24, 2012 IP
  6. ZahraBrown

ZahraBrown Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. You get what you pay for. A higher rate means higher quality. Invest in your business to reap the rewards. Writers are revolting right now. More and more are seeing their true worth, and they know it isn't $1. That's why they put in the bare minimum effort and you get the bare minimum results. I wouldn't do research, writing, editing, and proofreading for $1. I know not everyone can afford $50+ per article, but even $10-15 won't break the bank. Would you hire a web developer, teacher, lawyer, etc for $1? Neither would I.

ZahraBrown, Jun 28, 2012 IP
  7. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    so if some newbie decides to ask more per article, that upgrades their writing skills immediately?

atxsurf, Jun 28, 2012 IP
  8. ZahraBrown

ZahraBrown Peon

Best Answers:
    Obviously not, but as a community, overall a higher rate means higher quality. Even a newbie should start higher than $1. No other profession pushes low rates to newbies. They start with at least minimum wage, especially when you're self-employed (different taxes, expenses, etc). A newbie would raise their rates over time, but do it fairly for both parties i.e. 5-10 dollar increases at a time. Starting with at least 10 dollars shows the writer is in a different league. Compared to one dollar, ten is a higher rate.

ZahraBrown, Jun 28, 2012 IP
  9. MrJohn

MrJohn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't have any argument towards this topic. The fact is, people who are charging less than a penny per word are going to get hired by people that are less than average buyers. It doesn't lower the prices here on DP, so long as people are willing to stick to their prices and not bend for work.

Quality buyers that want quality work are worth waiting for. People are under the impression that there is no one here that is willing to pay $2 to $5 per 100 words. I can assure you that there is. Most of the clients that I have obtained at those kinds of rates are from DP.

If you are worried about not getting clients unless you lower your prices, perhaps you need to think about how you can upgrade the quality of your writing in order to get the clients that do pay higher rates. There are also plenty of opportunities off of DP that can get you the work that you are looking for and the money you want.

MrJohn, Jun 28, 2012 IP
  10. MoreThanWords

MoreThanWords Peon

Best Answers:
    true. Upgrade your content!!!.

If you write like "me article writing in $1"....... I won't even pay you S0.00000001 hehehehehe

MoreThanWords, Jun 28, 2012 IP
  11. outwest77

outwest77 Peon

Best Answers:
    Far too many cheap writers and copywriters on the DP forum. But as they say, you get what you pay for.

outwest77, Jun 28, 2012 IP
  12. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    \
    you are right but it is hard to resist for a buyer when somebody promising exactly the same service for 1/10th of the price

atxsurf, Jun 28, 2012 IP
  13. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Charge what you are worth. Not less, not more.

If you purchase content from some of these "writers" you will quickly understand why some are charging only $1.5 per 500 words.

dcristo, Jun 28, 2012 IP
  14. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    it seems personal trial and error is the only way to find a quality provider, as there are no standards or certification, and even reviews can be bogus and paid for

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
    atxsurf, Jun 28, 2012 IP
  15. MoreThanWords

MoreThanWords Peon

Best Answers:
    english please?

MoreThanWords, Jun 28, 2012 IP
  16. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you develop a reputation around DP for providing a quality product, there are buyers who are willing to pay far more than this.

There are at least three tiers of writers and buyers on DP.

Buyers who only care if a piece passes Copyscape and those willing to provide it for pennies.

The middle tier are those looking to fill their content sites and are willing to pay a bit more but are hoping to keep the price under $10. The writers filling this need are often new to the profession and are still learning the value of their work. They buyers may find themselves with spun content or get good stuff at a bargain price.

Then there are the serious buyers and sellers. They want written materials that will make their sites standout. They see every word that appears on their site as an investment in their business. They will pay $40, $50, $75 and up per piece. There are, of course, fewer writers and buyers at this level. But, trust me, they are here.

YMC, Jun 29, 2012 IP
  17. Moumita RC

Moumita RC Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Clients just ignore those who quote $10 per 400 words.

Moumita RC, Jun 29, 2012 IP
  18. Traditione

Traditione Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Isn't the problem a little obvious? Isn't this the problem of the current global economy?

American/European writers expect more $ because their cost of living is higher, it has nothing to do with the quality of work. Don't let English speakers fool you.
    I've had articles written by people who spoke English as a first language, and the articles were miserable, while I had decent articles written by foreigners that blew me away with the quality because they were writing in their second language.

Imagine If you get good writers overseas to write their cheap articles in their native language, and then you hire someone else to translate that article into English.
    ^ If anyone is paying attention, I just handed out a business model to you international writers.

An American/European writer simply cannot compete with $1/500 words, their hourly cost just doesn't allow it. Americans writing at $1/500 words is a hobby or side-job instead of anything serious.

Why do Americans have factories in Asia/South America? Cheap labor.
    The quality isn't always the best depending on the product, but that's the trade off.

We have American/European writers ("factories") competing with outsource shops overseas.
    The American/European factories who have succeeded these past few years are the ones who found the right clients.

It's classic economics, and as we know, price setting is pretty much never the solution.

Traditione, Jun 29, 2012 IP
  19. MoreThanWords

MoreThanWords Peon

Best Answers:
    It has all the do with the qualities. Let it be shops overseas or not. They still have to pass the test standards and yes they can produce it cheaper but that doesnt mean that they are really doing it cheaper

Also, when there is a good writer overseas, I bet you that they dont charge $1 per 500 words.. come on people... what are we talking about...

MoreThanWords, Jun 29, 2012 IP
  20. MoreThanWords

MoreThanWords Peon

Best Answers:
    i simply ignore clients who wants $1 articles hahaha

MoreThanWords, Jun 29, 2012 IP