1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Disconnecting a facebook connection from Twitter

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by Long Eaton United, Nov 14, 2016.

Hi guys,

I have been through many pages on the official Twitter site with no luck.
    The issue I have should be an easy fix but for one problem

I have a facebook connection to auto post from Twitter however it was created by someone who has since left the club (won't go into details) I am trying to reset the connection (as it no longer works after the passwords were changed to our social media platforms.

The issue I have is as they made the connection Twitter says they need to login to the connection to change it! They can't they are no longer with the club anymore.
    Is there a way of forcing a disconnect? The option isn't there unless its logged in as them?

Long Eaton United, Nov 14, 2016 IP
  2. Klepon Pink

Klepon Pink Member

Best Answers:
    On your facebook home, there will be a menu on the left. Find APPS & click. It will direct you to the page of your apps linked to facebook.
    Find twitter, click the setting button beside the twitter logo, and remove apps.

Klepon Pink, Nov 17, 2016 IP
  3. CyborgVillager

CyborgVillager Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Right on point! Another way to do this is to go on twitter and visit the apps tab.
    " Find the Facebook connection and click the Disconnect link. Sign out of both your Twitter and Facebook accounts. Close your browser; clear your cache and cookies if you know how. Open your browser and sign back in to both accounts. " (Google)

Heres a picture on what it looks like, hope this helps! and thanks to Kelpon Pink too!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2016
    CyborgVillager, Nov 21, 2016 IP
  4. jdkoerner

jdkoerner Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have the exact opposite problem: I can post FB to twitter but not the reverse. I have taken all the suggested steps, including disconnecting the app from the facebook end, clearing my cache, using different browsers. The process of connecting twitter to facebook goes through all the steps -- facebook popup for log on to FB , pop up for who twitter posts will be shared with ... and then I get a message that says I'm not using the account with which I am already logged into facebook. There is none; I have the one FB account, and although I have three twitter accounts none of them is logged into FB as per their app tabs. Somewhere I read that something takes 90 days. I don't know what. should I disconnect them both from each other for three months????

jdkoerner, Dec 4, 2016 IP