1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Disclaimers - Does your website have one?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by TheHHC, May 19, 2012.

I have had a couple clients that request a disclaimer.

When I started working for The Web I wouldn't create one..

How important is it for simple static web projects?

I know it's important when you are doing a website for a Freelancer/Businesses

Would you go as far as having a Disclaimer on every page on all of your web presence?

TheHHC, May 19, 2012 IP
  2. omhl

omhl Active Member

Best Answers:
    depends on customer base as well as traffic levels. for something high profile, i would enforce a disclaimer just for legality sakes.
    the nature of the business also comes into play.

omhl, May 23, 2012 IP
  3. cetak777

cetak777 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    sure, it's important. Just put it to your every selling sites.

cetak777, Jun 18, 2012 IP
  4. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    disclaimer, tos could be the difference of winning or losing a lawsuit if one should ever come up....
    It doesnt matter if its low profile, high profile, or whatever, a lawsuit is still a lawsuit regardless...
    that doesnt mean a lawsuit can never be made, but a jury/judge could say, well the site has this,
    has that, your client has no case, etc, etc. You want to limit the suit as much as possible....
    even if you are in the right, the cost of just defending your site/name could cost a small fortune, maybe
    seems like pennies for a site that has plenty of money to splash around, just more publicity for them...

dscurlock, Jun 18, 2012 IP