1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Disadvantage of Social networks.

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by dean1122, Nov 11, 2013.

Every thing has its own advantages and disadvantages same is the case for Social networks.
    you know social sites are most of time used to find and manage friends. People who wish to meet others on line put up their most compelling and attractive presentations through their profile pages. They join groups and communicate with others by commenting on topics or by introducing topics that hope to encourage discussion.

As these sites are a good source to connect with each other,it's also the way to be targeted for identity theft.
    Some people says, spending on social media is just wastage of time.
    One of the major disadvantages of using social networking websites are the students get addicted to it. They used to spend hours in those social networking sites which can obviously degrade the student’s academic performance.

Dean

dean1122, Nov 11, 2013 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  2. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree that's a disadvantage. But anyone into Internet Marketing can get some nice high quality targeted traffic from social networks. ;)

Trying to find a positive here lol.

danasurvey, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  3. TwitterWizard

TwitterWizard Peon

Best Answers:
    There are advantages and disadvantages for everything. I think social media is a great way for brands to interact with their customers and to advertise their products / services online.

TwitterWizard, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  4. faizzsheikh

faizzsheikh Active Member

Best Answers:
    With modern days technology there is always going to be something to keep the students occupied with something or the other. If not social media then mobile phones, or video games, television etc.
    This generation cannot be saved to making better use of their time.

faizzsheikh, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  5. goodRiddler

goodRiddler Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't think students are the ones that should be singled out. People of all ages are wasting time on these social networks, not just 'students'. Students may be the future but older generations are using these networks needlessly as well.

goodRiddler, Nov 16, 2013 IP
  6. clark31

clark31 Member

Best Answers:
    I'm guessing a very small percentage actually get addicted.

clark31, Nov 16, 2013 IP
  7. Franklin_twister

Franklin_twister Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that for product advertisement social network playing a significant role now these days but most of the way of advertisement is fake, people are not liking it originally.

Franklin_twister, Nov 19, 2013 IP
  8. RosuC

RosuC Active Member

Best Answers:
    Social networks are a must now, we do need to "communicate", to create virtual friends and groups. Of course, all with a limit, but where it the limit ? Who can draw down a white line and say - until here you can stay on a Social Network and after that is an addiction.
    As for me, I've deleted the account on Facebook because I saw that I was over feed with non-sense requests and suggestions. I've started to wonder myself if I really like to be part of this and I said no - I don't like myself to be there. I've kept only the business account and page related and that's it. To share your personal things with a Social Network - what ever is the name - I consider that has to be done with a lot of Moderation and Precaution.
    In the rest - Social Networks - are used by companies to "help" you with subliminal messages to follow them and to buy their products and I consider it correct.

RosuC, Nov 19, 2013 IP
  9. atsad

atsad Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's my view:-
    It's parent's duty to follow up their children in every aspect. Addicting to the social media is also lack of care of the parent.

atsad, Nov 19, 2013 IP
  10. Winagain

Winagain Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Before social networks, it was tv. It will always be something that distracts people.

Winagain, Nov 19, 2013 IP
  11. EngineerofSuccess

EngineerofSuccess Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if you personally asked me, I don't watch television anymore. Unless the American pawnshop TV show "hard-core pawn" is on, starring Les Gold with his daughter and son Seth. Now, to talk about the disadvantage of social networks, the only thing I pretty much see from it is when people post too much information "personal information" on their Facebook profiles and a friend of a friend sees this information and knows where the other person works at and possibly shares it with their employer. I've heard many cases of people getting fired from their jobs because of inappropriate material posted to their Facebook wall, although it had nothing to do with their job, the employer will secretly check in some kind of special way on their employees Facebook profiles through "other people" just to see what kind of a character their employees truly have.

EngineerofSuccess, Nov 25, 2013 IP
  12. V_RocKs

V_RocKs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If not social media people will go to other things. Jerry Springer must be pissed that kids today think turning on the TV is harder than opening up some TMZ type of app on their phone.

V_RocKs, Nov 26, 2013 IP
  13. EngineerofSuccess

EngineerofSuccess Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Jerry Springer has too much money to be worrying about anything. He has more than enough money to live on for the rest of his life. :)

EngineerofSuccess, Nov 26, 2013 IP
  14. Sheikh Asad Ahmed

Sheikh Asad Ahmed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with you.

Any thing crossing limits has disadvantages.
    We must try to balance our daily life activities, and also help our kids to understand the reality
    and consequences for crossing limitations in every walk of life.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2013
    Sheikh Asad Ahmed, Nov 27, 2013 IP
  15. arden001

arden001 Peon

Best Answers:
    Social networks plays a significant roles now a days for every purpose whether you are using it personally or for your business purpose, but with these networks fakeness is been increased in today's lifestyle, you cannot be sure for your links that they are 100% real. I think that is the disadvantage of social networks.

arden001, Nov 28, 2013 IP
  16. Manpriya

Manpriya Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The major disadvantage of social networks is that you lose your privacy.Its is very addicting and waste of time when you are studying or working.It can also disturb your real social life.

Manpriya, Nov 29, 2013 IP