1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Directorydump - PS.5 -Another SEOMOZ Joke

Discussion in 'Directories' started by jhnrang, Jun 26, 2007.

?

We Should Completely Stop Referring to Stats by SEOMOZ's PS Tool

1. Yes

45 vote(s)
    84.9%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    15.1%
  1. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Regarding personal preference this great site is one of my favorites
    Web Directory - C2C-Tech
    http://www.c2c-tech.com/
    I have always liked this site:cool:

Needless to say I cannot check on PS as it does not work, but in reality, why should I anybody can see its a good Directory :)

britishguy, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  2. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:

That just makes me tingle with joy :D

Well ive always enjoyed forplex and searchin deep myself :D as they are always evolving
    with New technology and surprises to entertain as well propel their clients into the upper
    ranks of search engine rankings.. ;)

But lets please consider adding a few others as thats the only right thing to do..

thx
    malcolm

malcolm1, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  3. Freewebspace

Freewebspace Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think I have a pretty another tool

http://pagedata.bigoole.com

But the problem is Yahoo's api and I have to use about 300 proxies to get the back link data from Search Engines for it! and also it takes a lot of time !

The SEO moz tool can be easily done using proxies of about 1000 and I am pretty sure that just a vps(if they use proxies) could be enough for it!

But I will try to come out with a new tool other than PD similar on the lines of SEOmoz but I will not charge for it !

First,I need to write an algorithm for that!

Freewebspace, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  4. williamjack

williamjack Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Very right page strength is becoming a mystry. The problem is it take too much time in processing and we can use only once in a day :(

I checked PS for einternetindex.com and it show .5 :confused:

I think we should not use any tool that is nor realible.
    Thanks

williamjack, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  5. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    wont work....

mikey1090, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  6. Freewebspace

Best Answers:
    It is not simply like SEOmoz who fetches only a small amount of data from other

sources

My tool (PD) analyses each and every backlink to the site and then decides upon the site!

Freewebspace, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  7. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I don't even have the toolbar anymore, it can't predict how well a directory is going to do in 3 years. I remember getting 8 sites free into wowdirectory when it first launched and had pr0. Of course the same morons who now register wowdirectory.whatever are the type who back then told me I was wasting my time submitting to something without PR :rolleyes:

Blogmaster, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  8. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There is an overwheliming majority in favor of Discarding SEOMOZ's PS tool .

I hope this discussion will help directory owners to stop referring to PS.

We are eagerly waiting for coders to quickly bring-out a more advanced alternative tool for all.:)

jhnrang, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  9. dsakella

dsakella Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO moz doesn't work for me. It turned to be completely unreliable, as stats provided are different from time to time.

dsakella, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  10. mikey1090

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    i agree. it shows less links in yahoo than what yahoo itself gives me....

11. Malatya

Malatya Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, we have to stop it.Generally lots of webmaster knows the power of directory.So why need another tool.Also this tool has a n algoritm and calculates stra. with google and alexa infos.So nothing is about it, forget it.

Malatya, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  12. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    mysteriously ...

i just saw www.idk.in also 0.5

smub, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  13. mikey1090

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    PS is good for comparing sites, but not for measuring.

EG, directory number x has PS5, so i want mine to be PS 5.5 as therefore it must have stronger stats

but not directory number x has PS5, so i want mine to be PS 5 as that means its good (as a directory should be measured on quality (PR, template, sites listed, detail pages, dditional conent) not on page strength

14. randfish

randfish Peon

Best Answers:
    I hate to see the Page Strength tool providing inaccurate results, but I promise that we work really hard to make it as accurate as possible. We've spent hundreds of hours trying to make the data fetches better, but we've been bogged down by services like Technorati, Alexa & Yahoo! that continually reject requests for information, and can take several minutes to return data. Sometimes, they even provide inaccurate data to our fetching scripts, which is equally frustrating.

On thing I'd really urge folks to do is to use the Page Strength tool as a way to get quick access to information, but not as a way to "score" pages. The scoring is arbitrary, and while some folks may find it valuable, I typically don't. I do, however, loving having access to all those data points about a website, and if some don't return correctly, I can manually fetch them.

I hope that we can continue to make it better - I promise we're trying our best.

If you've got specific concerns or suggestions, please feel free to email me or leave a comment on the blog post about page strength. We really do try to pay close attention to feedback.

BTW - the load isn't about servers, it's IP addresses. If you want to replicate the service, be prepared to spend a lot of money to get many hundreds of them.

randfish, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  15. mystikmedia

mystikmedia Jedi Master

Best Answers:
    The PS tool became somewhat of a metric for site quality, like PR, and used to demonstrate the value and worth of sites. We all know it's not perfect, but it seemed to be a better representation than PR mainly because PR has been weird lately, and there is so much delay between updates. That is what made your tool popular. However, the tool is not very well suited for the purpose you mentioned either at present since it does not show all the data most of the time. You have to retry it numerous times for all the data to be returned. I understand the problem you're facing, but there has to be a better solution. I hope you can find it. Good luck.

mystikmedia, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  16. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Best Answers:
    Depending on where you are hosting your account ipaddresses are actually cheap. Most companies try to make money off of them though. The actual price is only an extra 1 a year from the actual provider. However the hosting company may chose to charge you per month. Take for example roadrunner actually supplies several major hosting companies for connection(oc-48). The ipaddresses from them are only 1 extra per year per address. They come in blocks of 4,8,12,16,ect. Then the hosting company may decide to charge you, the customer, 1 per month or more.

So if you are paying an excessive amount on simply ipaddresses then you may want to shop around a little more.

Guardian, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  17. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree completely here. THe PS tool became very popular because of the actual results, over time those results failed to show up completely. Now as stated, yes you can get your own results by manually clicking the links or if you have an account keep refreshing until the results are show correctly. Here as of late the results seem to be more and more inaccurate. And as the popularity continues to grow, many new webmasters only look at the actual first result. The tool is/can be very affective, and can be very useful, if results are returned correctly. I wish you success in finding a solution.

Guardian, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  18. NRLMedia

NRLMedia Peon

Best Answers:
    I've never gotten to see my exact pagestrength for fourfind. Ever time I check, the numbers on all the pulled data are off.

I just tried and got a PS2 with no backlinks from Yahoo pulled.

We shall see. ;)

NRLMedia, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  19. khushal

khushal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lets see if you can get things going well ....Best of luck from my side;)

khushal, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  20. Freewebspace

Best Answers:
    I agree that ip addresses will cause problem for you!

But you need to find a solution for that

I hope you will quickly fix it!

Freewebspace, Jun 27, 2007 IP