1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DirectoryCritic

Discussion in 'Directories' started by phplduser, May 12, 2018.

Hi All,

Just having a look around it seems they have not placed any submitted directory reviews from around 2012 and it looks like they have not had and or just not listing any new directories in a while.

I also noticed a lot of the banner ads for advertising are available, Have they just given up on it now?

Best Regards

phplduser, May 12, 2018 IP
  2. MarbleHost.com

MarbleHost.com Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I remember I used this website many, many years ago. Directory submission used to be an SEO strategy which was working. But in 2018, Google ignores directory links so I can imagine that projects like DirectoryCritic don't have any sense anymore.

MarbleHost.com, May 13, 2018 IP
  3. phplduser

phplduser Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I think people have turned to business type or local directories, Still a few around as doing search for services via google does return results via directory listings.

Yes, Things have changed and google hit directories hard, I think things have settled down now but it will never be like it was.

Best Regards

phplduser, May 23, 2018 IP
  4. Johnriver743

Johnriver743 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its was a most popular site few years back. I known it as one of best web directories list in past. Now SERP strategies and techniques are changing day by day. I used it lot of time in past. It still save in my unforgettable memories.

Johnriver743, Jun 29, 2018 IP
    phplduser likes this.
  5. phplduser

phplduser Member

Best Answers:
    It does seem a bit quite over there, not many web directories getting listed and some are dead links, also noticed the directory reviews are from years back, must be getting some sort of revenue from it to keep it alive.

Best Regards

phplduser, Feb 14, 2020 IP