1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Directory VS social bookmarking

Discussion in 'Directories' started by pouringpound, Nov 9, 2011.

1. davidhurley

davidhurley Peon

Best Answers:
    According to me directory submission is better that SB becuase through DS we get backlinks and that helps in improving ranking of site on google.

davidhurley, Dec 17, 2011 IP
  2. msam029

msam029 Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks Sumitsparx for sharing this info.

i have done so many seo tasks in the social book marking side but not to any in directory submission can u please let me know the steps or tutorial for that

msam029, Dec 17, 2011 IP
  3. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's simple, write kick ass content and provide a site that people actually want to visit and enjoy - don't just exist for the visits or hits to your site, don't just provide shit content that no one cares about... provide good content and let your visitors work for you - it really is that simple. Incorporate the the buttons into your site and social elements - and bingo your viewers will work for you. You don't need to spend all day submitting your site every where to get traffic... spend 99% of the time on your site writing and exploring new content for your site... I rarely - if ever submit my site anywhere - I get meme's, facebook likes and shares, mentions on forums and other sites for free with no work on my behalf - people link back to me because I have decent content.

thsadmin, Dec 17, 2011 IP
  4. msam029

msam029 Peon

Best Answers:
    good info thanks for the effort

msam029, Dec 17, 2011 IP
  5. alizay

alizay Peon

Best Answers:
    it is also true according to the recent Google updates that Directories can still play a good role but it is difficult to say for sure how due to widespread of traffic from other sources as well. This way, Directories are also losing charm.

alizay, Dec 17, 2011 IP
  6. broadcast2world

broadcast2world Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Both These are different things directory submission is the part of SEO. On the other hand social bookmarking is the part of SMO and the most interesting thing for you is that the benifits of both are also different Directory Submission increase your site backlinks and Social Bookmarking increases your visitors.

broadcast2world, Dec 19, 2011 IP
  7. anthonytaylor

anthonytaylor Peon

Best Answers:
    Social bookmarking and directory submissions are excellent SEO techniques that you should definitely use. Social Bookmarking Submission is simply put, submitting links over to the Internet for other people to check out. Since there would be other people interested at the things you submitted, they would also likely bookmark the same items.Directory Submission Services is a bit less stressful. All you have to do is submit your web site to major directories and that's it. Just remember to check the search engine capabilities before you submit your site to a directory. With the use of Directory Submission Services, chances are you are on your way to a good search engine ranking.

anthonytaylor, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  8. PromoDirect

PromoDirect Member

Best Answers:
    Both Directories and Social Bookmarking are important as per seo concern. Directories submission provides quality backlinks but in human edited it take some times. In Bookmarks your content get crawl and generate good traffic on website.

PromoDirect, Dec 29, 2011 IP
  9. udaypal

udaypal Peon

Best Answers:
    Both are very important and both are needed for ranking. If you need fast ranking of your keywords, you need to submit in book marking sites.But directory takes time to be approved.

udaypal, Jan 3, 2012 IP
  10. Glockson

Glockson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    A variety is best, blogs, forums, articles, social sites.

Glockson, Jan 3, 2012 IP
  11. Indiainternet

Indiainternet Peon

Best Answers:
    Both are equally important for SEO purpose. But Social Bookmarking is the fastest process to gain traffic and ranking and Directory is a slowest process to gain traffic and ranking.

Indiainternet, Jan 4, 2012 IP
  12. deepak01

deepak01 Peon

Best Answers:
    There are major benifites directory and Social bookmarking Site in Search Engine Optimazation.
    Directory submission is the best way to get more quality back links. by using this method you can also get more visitors and more traffic on your websites.
    Social bookmarking involves saving bookmarks (web addresses) to a public Web site such as Digg or Del.icio.us so you can access these bookmarks from any computer connected to the web. Your favorite bookmarks are also available for others to view and follow as well, hence the social aspect. If you wish to create your own social bookmarks, you must register with a social bookmarking site (we have many listed below). No you are able to store bookmarks, tag your bookmarks, and share with anyone interested in your bookmarks.

deepak01, Jan 4, 2012 IP
  13. cathaylist.com

cathaylist.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think they are all important.Why not both?

cathaylist.com, Jan 4, 2012 IP
  14. hthomas

hthomas Guest

Best Answers:
    it depends on time you have to do all. sometimes you have to choose one from them because you have less budget or time or sources.

hthomas, Jan 4, 2012 IP
  15. kendall

kendall Peon

Best Answers:
    I think its best to diversify. Both SB and directory submissions are establishing your website as relevant in your particular niche

kendall, Jan 4, 2012 IP
  16. jusnkemp

jusnkemp Peon

Best Answers:
    According to me both of this are effective tools for seo.

jusnkemp, Jan 4, 2012 IP
  17. itsolexpert

itsolexpert Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Both have their different criteria and different form each other.
    so I suggest you both.

itsolexpert, Jan 4, 2012 IP
  18. qmoayad

qmoayad Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, Forum posting is way to increasing good traffic to your website. Becoz this is the first time you have to make a unique impression on the forum readers as well as the staff members with your first post.

qmoayad, Jan 5, 2012 IP
  19. cheenki

cheenki Peon

Best Answers:
    I think social bookmarking is best as compare to directory because, you get large number of traffic and visitors through social media sites. If you like to raise your page rank its also better among directory.

cheenki, Jan 5, 2012 IP
  20. jalley

jalley Peon

Best Answers:
    I think both are good no comparison between directory and social bookmarking. both are increase your website traffic.
    Thanks
    Kelley
    ========================

jalley, Jan 5, 2012 IP