1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

directory submiting

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by wryfhk22, Apr 20, 2011.

There are a lot of directory's out there, some with good pr and some with 0 rank but the question is does it matter if your website is in a directory. They add little traffic to your site even if you add 1000+ directory's and most of them have little credit to them by google.So other then dmos and yahoo directory do any other matter for links?

wryfhk22, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  2. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Directories are not to get direct traffic they are for building Rankings and backlinks ...
    And to have effect you must submit to 3-4k even more if possible (of corse not in 2 days but over time 1-2 months)

w3bmaster, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  3. UltimateSubmission

UltimateSubmission Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes it matters. Not only will you be found in that directory, but that directory also is a quality back link for your website and will help Google find your site.

UltimateSubmission, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  4. cheesee

cheesee Peon

Best Answers:
    When I first started with SEO for my webmaster forum I submitted my site to 600+ directories. I was not pleased with the results, I get a few visits every now and then. But I did it to build backlinks, not for the traffic. It worked okay in that regard. But forum posting, and article submission are best because you get both traffic, and backlinks back. So it's a win win situation.

cheesee, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  5. smartcomsci

smartcomsci Peon

Best Answers:
    I submit my article to article directory is to build more backlinks as i can. I expect not to get any traffic from them coz it's suck. But when i have more backlinks on high ranking directory, my site will rank high in search engine.

smartcomsci, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  6. whmanaged

whmanaged Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the artical great thread!

whmanaged, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  7. jiyaalbert

jiyaalbert Peon

Best Answers:
    yes it matters bcoz every step has its own importance in every process and we can,t neglect it.it is important for backlinks and small portion of traffic.

jiyaalbert, Apr 22, 2011 IP
  8. Tarum

Tarum Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't waste your time on too many. Just max 5 big ones, eZine, ArticleAlley, ArticleBase and so on. Not to 1000+ of PR0 and directories with other crappy articles.

Tarum, Apr 22, 2011 IP
  9. danielphilylist

danielphilylist Peon

Best Answers:
    Directories create direct traffic and they are used also for building Rankings and backlinks ...

danielphilylist, Apr 22, 2011 IP
  10. Shadow69

Shadow69 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am always mixed on directories. If you can get in the top ones that is great and helps. However, it usually takes a lot of time and effort and even money, so I am mixed on it.

Shadow69, Apr 22, 2011 IP
  11. CannabisSEO

CannabisSEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I like using link directories as a small part of my link building strategy. I only submit to older, well established and edited ones however and stay away from the ones with a lot of ads.

CannabisSEO, Apr 23, 2011 IP
  12. egiftcards4u

egiftcards4u Peon

Best Answers:
    it is good to vary your link source, even if it`s not have too much value.

egiftcards4u, Apr 24, 2011 IP
  13. varshyl

varshyl Peon

Best Answers:
    To expect traffic from directories is not practical. It helps google crawlers to remember your website. If is very important thing to submit your websites in directories, for seo point of view.

varshyl, Apr 26, 2011 IP
  14. joemamma

joemamma Guest Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    there was a time when submitting your website to the info vile silencer list turned your domain into a PR 4.

joemamma, Apr 26, 2011 IP
  15. NeonLord

NeonLord Peon

Best Answers:
    Article submison is the way to go, with abit of forum/blog backlinking.

NeonLord, Apr 26, 2011 IP
  16. SEOJim

SEOJim Peon

Best Answers:
    Like everything else in SEO, adding your site to directories is only a part (and a small one) of the big picture. The problem is that most directories are just about useless as quality links. The important ones are either difficult to get listed on (DMOZ) or expensive (Yahoo and Business.com). If you have the funds, I would recommend either of these two paid ones, and definitely go through the process to request to be listed on DMOZ (and then forget about it - check if you're listed after about 6-8 months at least). Then I would look at directories that have a defined review process and maybe a few more of the small paid ones like JoeAnt. You can find a lot of directories using one of the utility linking tools online, but screen them carefully. Not all are good choices. As one other comment noted, if they have tons of ads, they are probably not a good choice.

SEOJim, Apr 26, 2011 IP
  17. capstonic

capstonic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dmoz is one of the best directory, its linked with various high PR directories, so if your site is approved in dmoz then its equals to the 1500 directories of high PR sites.

capstonic, Apr 26, 2011 IP
  18. john66

john66 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah, the directory submitting isn't as popular and effective as it was years ago, but I still use it to keep my backlinks look natural for the big G

john66, Apr 27, 2011 IP
  19. sam.desuja

sam.desuja Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Directory: Submit your website to all the directories (business to business and business to customer) under thematic category. Directory Submission provide backlinks in search engines specially in yahoo and help to make targeted page indexed if its not. Because of directory submission you may get good SERP by targeted keyword.

sam.desuja, Apr 28, 2011 IP
  20. danielphilylist

danielphilylist Peon

Best Answers:
    Used HIGH PR Based Site

danielphilylist, Apr 28, 2011 IP