1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

directory submission software vs manually??

Discussion in 'Directories' started by shuman202, Nov 5, 2012.

1. dieout

dieout Active Member

Best Answers:
    silencer +1
    ofcourse manually submit and in dribs and drabs

dieout, Nov 11, 2012 IP
  2. LakeCountry

LakeCountry Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Since I seem to be in the minority and support auto/semi automated submissions, allow me to ask a question. What exactly do you mean when you say manual submission and automated submission? What is the distinction? As I stated, I use SubmitEase and there are other tools designed specifically for directory submissions. There are also a number of tools like Roboform as well as plugins like FormFill and InformEnter. How do you classify submissions using tools like these?

LakeCountry, Nov 11, 2012 IP
  3. shuman202

shuman202 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    actually i tried to submit my websites manually but it's really take long long time
    i wanna ask you is really SubmitEaze an effective tool?? , dose it really do what it says
    I'm thinking about buying it do you thing it worth the money??
    best regards

shuman202, Nov 12, 2012 IP
  4. LakeCountry

Best Answers:
    For what I use it for it works great however, your needs may be different. I have 50+ websites that I take care of and directory submissions is a big part of that. This tool allows me to streamline the process and saves me countless hours. Keep in mind that it is NOT 100% AUTOMATED and it still requires manual input. While it claims to have automatic CAPTCHA recognition I have never tried to use it so I can not tell you if it works or not. I found that only about 60% of directories use captcha and having to input it 40% of the time is nothing. What I really like about it is I can set up an unlimited number of titles and descriptions and control how I rotate through them so I am not submitted the same thing every time. If you are looking for a set and forget, fully autonomous system, this is not it. In fact, I don't know of anything that you can simply turn on and it will submit to thousands of directories.

LakeCountry, Nov 12, 2012 IP
  5. shuman202

shuman202 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    thank you LakeCountry' i'll download the trial version and see how it works, i have just 3 websites that i want to send to directories

shuman202, Nov 12, 2012 IP
  6. silencer

silencer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Anything that automates where the submits go (you don't get to choose the directory URLs), or that encourages non-unique submissions (so let's say you auto submit to 1000 all with the same anchor text), is I guess where I am stating automated software is poor.

We can debate this point to death, you'll say ahhh but I don't use it that way. I change the settings for every x number of submits, and I hand-pick the URLs etc etc.

What I'm saying is that automatic software is lazy, and it encourages others to be lazy. If you can submit to 1000, why not 10,000. People simply cannot help themselves. They figure that 10,000 will be better, and then because it is too easy, they just submit with the same anchor text. Then they get warnings in Google WMT and come back on forums like this and say directories are dead. See why I don't like it?

Automated submission is the worst way to conduct submissions. Don't do it. Don't encourage it!

Form-fillers, as I stated in my previous post, aren't what I would consider automated software. You are still manually submitting, you are just saving half-a-dozen clicks by having 1-click. That's just working smarter not harder.

silencer, Nov 12, 2012 IP
    pradip200 likes this.
  7. LakeCountry

Best Answers:
    Shuman202, I didn't mean to hijack your thread and turn it in to some sort of personal crusade.

Dan, I appreciate your honest input and I completely understand what you are saying and I agree in large part. Automated submission tend to be harmful overall. Not because a particular product is inherently bad but how some people choose to use it. As a directory owner I wade knee deep in senseless spam submissions everyday that no doubt are the result of some form of automation but at the same time I know I receive a few very nice submission that are submitted the someway.

I guess what bothers me is there is a tendency for folks to simply line up and repeat what the person in front of them said without giving the subject any serious thought. Sort of a "I read it on the internet...." response. It's not just this topic where you see this either.

What primed me for this conversation was I had almost the exact same discussion with another friend a few days ago. We were discussing the best ways to do our directory submissions and I mentioned that I used a particular tool and he completely freaked out. He went on and on about how automated submissions are bad and not to be used under any circumstances and how they have destroyed the web directory industry.... When he stopped his rant I asked him why he was so adamantly against automated submissions and he gave me this dumbfounded look said he read that they are really, really bad....somewhere...on the internet. When I asked him how my last three submissions to his new directory looked, he said they looked great. When I told him I submitted them using an automated submission tool the discussion was back on.

If a tool exist that is truly 100% automated and tries to smash it's way through countless directories leaving nothing but junk in it's wake then you bet, that's bad for everyone concerned. As Dan rightly said, that fosters a culture of laziness and folks will lose the one-on-one connection and stop caring about the quality of their submissions and the quality of the directories they are submitting to and think only of the quantities.

On the other hand there are some great tools available, that if used reasonably and with moderation as they are intended, can be of great help and increase productivity. I am not for anything that helps create more spam and needless work for directories. I am for anything that will help me work smarter.

LakeCountry, Nov 14, 2012 IP
    michaeljm72 likes this.
  8. stevemarkendop

stevemarkendop Peon

Best Answers:
    the best do it byself and you will not get problem with this,also if will be more hardly you will have at the same time more benefits

stevemarkendop, Nov 16, 2012 IP
  9. syted

syted Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The thing is there's not enough worthwhile directories to submit to to need an automated tool or even a form filler. Instead of using your time submitting to 1000's of directories spend it researching. Look at the directory - is it established and well edited, look at the page your site will be listed in (and prepare for it to be moved elsewhere) is it indexed and are you happy with the other sites in that category. Look at the recent listings, is that directory accepting anything or does it look like it has editorial integrity. Just my 2 cents worth.

syted, Nov 17, 2012 IP
    michaeljm72 likes this.
  10. Zora2012

Zora2012 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Manual drictory is the best relevant categories Submission

Zora2012, Nov 19, 2012 IP
  11. suwandichen13

suwandichen13 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    why you asking again.
    just think it, how can you Submit to 1000 Directory in a day?
    are you serious?? lol

suwandichen13, Nov 20, 2012 IP
  12. JohnS0N

JohnS0N Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you really think about it, there simply can not be any difference between automatic and manual submission. If you are in the disposition of having enough algorithm and seo knowledge and your application is inteligent and capable of minimizing errors and wrong form inputs, then you could see why it's a waste of time manually submitting to thousands of directories if you can do it with a few button clicks. One should invest his precious time in other more important activities rather than submitting to all of those thousands directories by hand. How much time will that cost you, a month? You and your time are more valuable than this, I am sure.

JohnS0N, Nov 26, 2012 IP
  13. silencer

silencer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Which could be true of anything. Hence the term "in moderation". A Mcdonalds meal every now and then won't impact negatively on your diet, but start doing a Supersize Me Morgan Spurlock style McDonalds binge and of course it will impact you negatively.

The same is true of any link building method, or any SEO method. Hence the term "over-optimisation"

Automated submission is designed to submit to hundreds-or-thousands of directories without any effort, in a short space of time. It's not in moderation, it's excessive, it's a bad way of doing things, it gets people penalised and it gives directories a bad name.

What you'll be getting is a lot of people like JohnS0N submitting automatically to 10,000 URLs. A good 9,000 of which will be the worst kind of junk imaginable. They thrive on being able to spam your real directory with their automated submission junk. Do you really want to encourage it? Just because you are a reponsible user, doesn't mean others will be. Touting it as a safe method of submitting is dangerous. It's only safe for experts.

Which could be true of any topic on the internet. Period. Though I do get your point.

His reasoning of why they are bad may have been wrong, but the conclusion is still correct. Automated submissions have done serious damage to the web directory industry. Simply because it works :)

...Then factor in how I view a directory, and that editing must take place. Auto submitting works because there are guys like JohnS)N with lists of 10,000 URLs, many of which will just auto-add whatever is submitted. That's why it's ruining the industry.

No dumbfounded look here. That's your answer. You are encouraging a tool, that allows users to spam your directory, and every other directory, at the click of a button. That's not good, you should be against it, even if you use automated submission in the privacy of your own home :)

I'm adamantly against automated submissions because it facilitates the spamming of web directories. It weakens the resolve of directory owners to edit their resources and turns them into link farm operators (can't beat em join em). It also encourages people to set up fake directory networks and offer to submit people to 1000-10000 of them for crazy discounts.

I didn't read that somewhere on the internet. It's a fact and I was probably one of the first people to start speaking about it.

So when you consider that even some of the best SEOs produce some of the worst directory submissions, do you really believe encouraging them to be even lazier and automate is a good idea?

But how many use them this way, considering the size of the list of directories that I work with gives you a clear indicator of how many directory owners in the industry actually edit. So if that's the proportion of real directory owners, how many SEOs/submitters do you really think are up to speed about what is an actual directory and how to submit to it correctly? Consider also that SEOMOz, wrote an article recently, where they couldn't even define the difference between a link farm and a directory. The article writer was speaking from an authority standpoint and lumping very very dodgy .info directories in with some mediocre, and some very good directories.

I'm sorry, I'm not ranting, automated submission doesn't work, because people do not know how to use it wisely. They simply don't and JohnS0n's post should tell you all you really need to know. If you want to encourage that sort of stuff, then you're only hurting yourself.

There's a clear difference - one method requires intelligence, the other requires no intelligence. I'll let you work out which is which.

Let's be clear. Anyone who has algorithm and SEO knowledge knows that it is a waste of time submitting to thousands of directories. Period.

Whether you do that manually or automatically is beside the point, but the second way is far more likely to get you penalised via Penguin because people are lazy and/or greedy and 10,000 links to their site with that anchor text they so badly want is a temptation they cannot resist, and it's one that will ultimately destroy their link profile.

What happens if you make a mistake? One-click and then it's woopsy, 10,000 bad links :)

True. One should. As there are scores of ways to build links, and many of them actually involve building content on your own site. So if one chose to spend his precious time at more important activities he would probably manually submit to directories over time in small numbers, whilst also engaging in other activites in moderation.

A site owner that cares about their site will spend more than a month in link building activities. They'd build them slowly over time. They could spend the entire life of their site building links (I'll leave the semantics of whether they choose to call it building, baiting or earning links up to you).

silencer, Nov 27, 2012 IP
  14. michaeljm72

michaeljm72 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like what syted said,
    "Look at the directory - is it established and well edited, look at the page your site will be listed in (and prepare for it to be moved elsewhere) is it indexed and are you happy with the other sites in that category. Look at the recent listings, is that directory accepting anything or does it look like it has editorial integrity."

the visual aspect is important and really the best indicator. also, slow and steady wins the race, as the aphorism goes, like silencer said, work it slowly over time, the search engines just won't look kindly on 2,000 new low quality links in a month.

there are lots of ways to check on the quality of a directory too, and I sometimes goes back and re-read canadian's article here
    best-web-directories.com/selecting-paid-directory.htm
    where he notes Age, human edited, search engine friendly urls, well indexed, unique IP, original and well designed categories, page rank, etc

michaeljm72, Dec 16, 2012 IP
  15. granthelp

granthelp Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you manually submit your website to the quality directory then google think that its natural submission. I give you one directory that helped me so much to got high ranking in all search engine. I am uncover Name here - http://www.hotvsnot.com/

If you submit website by manually then your site will be get high ranking, COUPAN pass of submission - 7HVNS

Remember that if you thing quantity is good then i will said here get quality not quantity here. Think about it. :)

granthelp, Dec 16, 2012 IP
  16. Astroman

Astroman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Automated submissions used to be okay, not great, but okay. I think now though they're pretty much useless, probably worse than useless and stepping into harmful. I've used it myself in the past on one of my websites that's almost ten years old and now I have a load of obviously automated links pointing at it which has totally ruined my search results with the latest google updates. I wish I'd only stuck to a few quality niche submissions and let the general public link to my site whenever they felt like it.

Astroman, Dec 18, 2012 IP
  17. Mianza

Mianza Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Agreed Seo Joy

Mianza, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  18. stareongroup

stareongroup Peon

Best Answers:
    Mia is totally right. Manually is more better than using software.

stareongroup, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  19. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are people seriously still asking this question?

Nima, Feb 12, 2013 IP
  20. mahabub843

mahabub843 Active Member

Best Answers:
    thank you for your information. i mean manual submission is best then software formula

mahabub843, Feb 14, 2013 IP