1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Directory Submission Service : What you expect?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by T0PS3O, Jun 2, 2005.

Why don't you guys fix the price up a bit and battle it out on quality?

T0PS3O, Jun 2, 2005 IP
  2. bluemouse2

bluemouse2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To be honest if quality is the main factor then the price must remain 45$ for 100 directories as before. And believe me that it will remain. I will take only 2 orders with this promotional price (0.33$) and then I will return to the original price (0.45$).

bluemouse2, Jun 2, 2005 IP
  3. Tuning

Tuning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Fix it guys. Fortunately, we have no big competetion like SEO firms. We can have directory submitters association.;).

I'm ready. Decide and fix.

Cheers,
    Tuning

Tuning, Jun 2, 2005 IP
  4. subseo

subseo Guest

Best Answers:
    Perhaps a topic for another thread?

TOPS30: What is your definition of quality? IMHO it is mainly about the range of services. Eg. I even do a different submission each time (each description slightly different, and like 10-20 variable anchors) - for those who know what they want.

The problem of quality is 90% about the quality of directories submitted to (and I see why Nicholas only submits to 100 best ones of the 200 or more that are out there) and the quality of the client's site/title/description.

subseo, Jun 2, 2005 IP
  5. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't openly fix it guys ;) That's a crime in many countries. I just think you guys could be making more out of this since 33 ct is IMO rediculously low.

With quality I mean professionalism in communication and ease of making use of the service. Variety of payment systems accepted, reporting and good submissions with optionally a variety of anchor text etc.

PS if someone starts a new thread I'll cut these posts away in there to get this back OT, sorry!

T0PS3O, Jun 2, 2005 IP
  6. NetMidWest

NetMidWest Peon

Best Answers:
    Only submissions to text-based anchor link type directories that allow robots to index them. No redirects. No java no-follow links. No rel=nofollow.

All others are worthless.

NetMidWest, Jun 2, 2005 IP
  7. Tuning

Tuning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thats already done. All the directories in the list are SEO friendly and doesnot involve redirects.

Tuning, Jun 2, 2005 IP
  8. davedx

davedx Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, what should the hourly rate be?

I figure it takes between 1-5 mins per directory per site when I submit. Let's say 2 mins median. For this kind of thing (fairly simple, but has its nuances) you could maybe get away with $20/hr? $30/hr? 100 directories would take 200 mins = a bit over 3 hours. In which case yeah, $45 sounds incredibly cheap to be honest. I'd be charging at the very least 3x20=$60. It's a boring job, 100 directories is plowing through a lot of crap, and it's time many SEO's (myself included) simply don't have.

If I had a budget, and I felt I could trust them, I certainly wouldn't mind paying $60 or more for that kind of job.

davedx, Jun 2, 2005 IP
  9. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    2 minutes is way too low estimate IMO. Should be 4 or so IMO. With browsing to it, finding the right category, reading the submission guide just in case there are special requirements, copy pasting pre fab form entries and filing away the auto e-mail 2 minutes is pretty fast IMO.

T0PS3O, Jun 2, 2005 IP
  10. subseo

subseo Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm just doing something that takes me incredibly long at the moment, guess maybe even 6 minutes or so. But 2 is also possible in some cases. It is always about what you are after.

Sometimes it is well worth the effort not to list in some extremely crowded category, but submit to another empty one yet related, and that takes a lot of time, often you have to research more trees in the directory to find related subcats. Some subcats are in completely unexpected categories. Sometimes you have to slightly change the descriptions, so that it "feels better" for that category. And so on.

subseo, Jun 2, 2005 IP
  11. silencer

silencer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    you can probably get 150 to 180 one-way static links in one sweep of the directories.

for $100 you are looking at $0.55 to $0.66 a link. Dirt cheap if you ask me. Why drop the price? If your site has the traffic, personally I'd be stepping it up a notch. Can't compete? then fold.

silencer, Jun 5, 2005 IP
  12. Tuning

Tuning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info silencer.

I'm not going to increase the price anyway. It will be same for atleast 6 month. Anyway, I'm satisfied with the revenue generated.

Best Regards,
    Tuning :)

Tuning, Jun 5, 2005 IP